Perry Is In

LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-11 AT 03:43PM (MST)[p]If Perry gets lucky he will be the second Eagle Scout elected to the Presidency. Hopefully he will do a better job than the first Eagle Scout President, and hopefully he does a much better job than the last retarded Texan we had in there (no offense to the Texas guys on here, but I absolutely cannot stand Texas; hated it while I was stationed there and I hate it when I have to go to El Paso now)
WVBOWAK

Perry has no chance, the moderates in the republican party don't want him in. He has the Tea Party folks and the fundamentalist not enough to win for sure.

I liked the quote "lesser of two evils" between Perry and Obama. Funny wasn't that the election of 2008? Deja Vu......more than likely.
WVBOWAK

you know 440...your constant preaching of your godless heathenism is as annoying as the bible thumping....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Hey it's you clowns who start it all, did Perry hold a prayer rally freak show or not?

I take being called a heathen as a compliment.

atheist-ghost-buster_thumbnail.gif

5682pic.jpg

It amazes me to find an intelligent person who fights against something which he does not at all believe exists. --Mohandas Gandhi

Atheists express their rage against God although in their view He does not exist. --C. S. Lewis

If atheism spread, it would become a religion as intolerable as the ancient ones. --Gustave le Bon

My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust? If the whole show was bad and senseless from A to Z, so to speak, why did I, who was supposed to be part of the show, find myself in such violent reaction against it? A man feels wet when he falls into water, because man is not a water animal: a fish would not feel wet. Of course, I could have given up my idea of justice by saying that it was nothing but a private idea of my own. But if I did that, then my argument against God collapsed too--for the argument depended on saying that the world was really unjust, not simply that it did not happen to please my private fancies. Thus in the very act of trying to prove that God did not exist--in other words, that the whole of reality was senseless--I found I was forced to assume that one part of reality--namely my idea of justice--was full of sense. Consequently atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning.--C.S. Lewis

LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-11 AT 04:51AM (MST)[p]It amuses me that atheists want to keep christians from worshiping something that they believe doesn't exist.

They want freedom from religion, but they want to make up the rules also. It's kind of like the T.V.,if you don't like the show,turn it off!

This nation was founded my God fearing people that wanted religious tolerance. If you didn't want to believe in God, that was fine, but thats all you got. You get freedom from religion, nothing more. You don't get to make the rules for the rest of us.
Go try and pull that sh#t in a muslim country and you'll get your throat slit.

>"there are no atheists in foxholes"
>
>
>JB

+1 JB, I have heard that from so many combat vets that I have gotten to know here recently.
WVBOWAK

Who is it that brings religion into politics? the athiests or the candidates? if you kept religion out of the campaign we wouldn't be having this conversation would we?

Perry, Palin and Bachmann are all off the deep end church fanatics, they use this to suck in clowns like you guys but for anyone of another faith or no faith we're supposed to just shut up and pretend we didn't hear it.

Look at Romney and Hunstman, mormans, but they aren't running as mormans they just happen to be mormans. that's how you do it, up until Bush jr that's how it's been done.

Bachmann says god says as a woman she must submit to her husband, and her husband is a whack job every bit as nutty as Manny, this is going to be fun to watch in the primary. Palin , enough said. Perry, with his record if he can pray his way into the whitehouse I might take a closer look at religion. none of these losers will ever win the general, we are the most religious industrialized nation in the world but we're not stupid.

Why not just stick to the issues and leave the bible thumping at church? keeping your insanity private is what those stained glass windows are for.

I know its a bitter pill to swallow for an atheist, but religion and politics have been intertwined not only during this nations existence but for the history of humanity. They can't, or should I say won't co-exist without each other. Try as you atheists might, there is nothing anyone can do about it.
Learn to live with it! And I'm not just talking christianity either. The Greeks, Romans, all of the great civilizations throughout history. You can't escape it.

Obama is in trouble, because in 2012 Obama is running against Obama. He can't very well stand up and proudly proclaim what he has done or what he has accomplished. He won because the economy hit a speed bump in October 2008. In 2012 Obama IS the economic speed bump. What can Perry run on? Well, for being governor of a state that has a vital economy and an unemployment rate better than the national average. Must be doing something right. He can run on not-Obamacare. He can run on not-Obamastimulus. And unfortunately for Obama, he has nothing I can think of where he can point to some success. It has been an unmitigated record of failure. Oh, wait, he did get Osama Bin Laden.

We'll see how it turns out. My guess is it won't matter what Republican runs against Obama, he is toast. He persuaded independents to vote for him in 2008 mainly because he had no record. He has a record now. Of further interest is the question of how the Democrats will fare in the US senate. Last I heard there were an unusually high number of the 1/3 of senate seats facing election 2012 that are held by Democratic encumbents (unusual means more than the ratio of Democrats to Republicans in the Senate). I'm expecting a Republican majority at least in the Senate and a continued Republican majority in the house. I wonder what role redistricting may have? Seems like I heard that Republicans fared very well in state elections in 2010. Maybe the redistricting will be dominated by Republican drawing of district lines? Even if Obama is reelected his policies are dead with Republican majorities in the house and senate. Perhaps I'm counting my chickens before they are hatched in the senate, but it seems likely to me the Republicans will gain the majority there.

You are right about the senate. People are pissed off and the economy has been made worse by the democrats. They are losing the moderates in droves and there was just another conviction for NAACP voter fraud from 2008 so they will have to work a lot harder to cheat in 2012. The best way to end the partisan bickering is to give the GOP a chance at full control. Obama will demonize whoever runs against him but he can't refuse to answer head on questions in a debate and I think that is where he will pay the price.

Obama is worried more about getting his $35,ooo a plate dinner for his campain fund raiser,that should make the unemployed really happy.

Really? why do you think the republicans stand to gain in the house elections? the great debt deal they just made? or is it their 25% approval rating? the only thing that gives what you say any validity is there are more uncumbent dems than republicans, and being an incumbent of any party is like having the pox right now. simple math gives the party with the most incumbents the bad end of the stick.

http://pollingreport.com/congress.htm

Obama is on the ropes as he should be, but there isn't a republican in the match yet who can beat him if the election were today. I'm sure after the primary trashings the republicans all give each other everyone will think better of them.

By all rights and past political history the dems should be toast, what will save them is their competition.

I think voters will support the house republicans because they actually tried to do something. You think Obama or the senate put any real ideas forward? If so can you please post a link? While you are at it can you post a link the the 2010 budget? Also post the 2011 budget. Thanks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom