photo of Don Martin's big Utah gobbler

AZBuckSnort

Very Active Member
Dons2008UtahRio4-13-2008.jpg

Nice bird Don! Where are the trees at? Those birds can't get too high up in that sage brush! Congrates!!!

I shot that bird about 30 yards from where the photo was taken.

What you DON'T see is that the other way there is a live creek with huge Black Willow trees and some other kind of riparian loving tree.

That's where these guys roost.

Honestly I've never seen so many gobblers in one spot--we were only in a three mile square area the entire hunt.

This was most likely a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, but man was it fun and I sure wished we had turkeys like that in AZ.

I'm suppose to go on a hunt starting Friday on the Navajo Army Depot but I'm gonna wait until next Tuesday before I go.

My experience in AZ is that the first that shows--goes!

I just got to win a lottery so I can buy a huge track of land so my friends and family can enjoy a real turkey experience.

We watched the video today of the opening morning where I had 18 birds, nine of them gobblers in front of me. Never fired a shot and glad I didn't.

Truth be known I should have waited a little longer. There were birds there that had 10-11 inch beards. But it is hard to pass up a thick 9" bearded bird that is strutting in front of you!

What a rush and what a hunt!

I wanna thank Jim Rich for posting the photo. My friend Jay Chan took it and it came out nice.

Don

nice gobbler donny boy. Wish you could show me how to get one of them birds. I can get the muley deer, but never seem to be onto them struttin buggers. I had one run a cross in front o fthe 4 wheeler once, but I couldn't get a shot off in time, before he was flyin off the hill. What is the secret.

Listen mesquito tree hunter, stop harrassin me everywhere I post. Just cause you have some prob with me doesn't mean you haven ta follow me around and post some comment. Go back to your trailer and leave me a lone. I never done nothin to you. you is a piece o work aint ya.

"I had one run a cross in front o fthe 4 wheeler once, but I couldn't get a shot off in time, before he was flyin off the hill. What is the secret."

How about you get off your 4wheeler and hunt.

It's Bush's fault!!!

Do you have a call in your hand while you are riding around on your quad? Maybe that is the secret!

you gotta be kiddin me, what ever happened to southern hospitality. you boys pickin on me ain't gonna make you feel any better about yo daddy's getting there a's kicked in the civil war buy us southern boys. I think it is real interestin that you purist act like you've never hunted off a 4 wheeler. Oh not me he says. Well some of us can't get off and walk for miles cause of genetics, but we still like to get out and hunt. They say bein overwieght is for the most part a genetic problem, so again take it easy, I am doin the best I can.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-30-08 AT 01:32PM (MST)[p]Your funny.

"what ever happened to southern hospitality."

This isn't the south.

"you boys pickin on me ain't gonna make you feel any better about yo daddy's getting there a's kicked in the civil war buy us southern boys"

You must not be very intelligent, or should I say "inelligent". The south lost.

It's Bush's fault!!!

I figured me bringin up us southern boys puttin a hurt on you northern women would get you all riled up. Sure as shootin it did. I am so sorry if I didn't win the spellin bea when i was a young fella. I don't pride myself on my spellin, but I am smart enuf to know that you have little man syndrome. I figur that you must be a short dood to have so much anger gainst some one you never even met. Maybe we don't see eye to eye on everything, but you otta treat a guy with respect. I repete I never did nothin to you nor your kin. So try to be a gentle man if you could. Noone likes to see you rantin and ravin and goin on about other folks, tryin to make yourself look all big now. Go on now leave me alone.

No you got it all wrong. I along with many others here do not like liars, who know everything, trash talk, and make claims that they only wish were true. Your right, I don't know you, nor do I ever care to know you. Think before you post and maybe people wouldn't respond the way they do.

It's Bush's fault!!!

Same to you rem. And by the way you shame mr. remington, whom my granddaddy knew.

>They say
>bein overwieght is for the
>most part a genetic problem,
>so again take it easy,
>I am doin the best
>I can.

Whoever said that is pretty much off base. both my parents are obese but guess what - I am not obese, my sister is not obese, 3 of my 4 grandparents were not obese. most of my aunts and uncles are not obese. you have a choice to exercise or not. you also have a choice of what kind of food you put in your mouth. You absolutely, positively should not blame it on genetics.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom