pictures from yesterday

borntohunt

Happy new year,

I was out yesterday and found a few things worthy of posting, the buck is quite small but I thought I might post it, and the goat pictures are not the best quality, but I thought they might be enjoyed by a few of you. The goats were over 800 yards away so I combined my spotting scope with the camera to get these photos.

borntohunt

sbuck.jpg

sbuck2.jpg

Goat17.jpg

Goat24.jpg

Goat25.jpg

Goat28.jpg

Great pics buddy! That worked pretty good taking them through your spotting scope. I have done video but never taken pics. That's great! Keep em' coming.

NvrEnuf

borntohunt,
neat pics, especially ones through spotting scope. What make of camera and what spotting scope did you use?? Did you hold the camera up to the spotting scope lens or did you use an adapter?? Do you use auto-focus on the camera or manual focus on the camera and focus the scope?? Any info you can provide would be helpful.

I use my camcorder with my spotting scope all the time and it leaves a small circle when I watch them. Did you use a camera with the spotting scope or camcorder?

I used a Sony Digital Camcorder. (mini DV) But I was using the still shot feature. I did not use any kind of adapter, I just find the animal in the spotting scope and manually adjust the zoom and focus. Then I place the lense on the camcorder up to the spotting scope lense and I then manualy adjust the focus on the camcorder. I use the spotting scope-camcorder combination to take both video and still shots, and it seems to work quite well as long as it is like outside. Once the sun starts to set you start losing detail very quickly.
The spotting scope is an older model that I bought from cabelas about five or six years ago. It has a range of 20-60 power I believe. The camcorder has an optical zoom of 10X and a digital zoom of up to like 120X. As previously mentioned by a few of you the digital zoom really loses all detail.
My wife is going to try and get a few more pictures this afternoon. She is off of work for a few hours and is going back out. I am hoping to flim some deer, elk, goats or what ever else I find this weekend. I will post the results.

borntohunt

NvrEnuf, have you found and nice bucks in the Central region winter range? I have been out a number of times and have yet to see anything big.

My cam corder is a RCA Autoshot with a 200x Digital zoom. It is not the greatest camera in the world but it works. Its 3 yrs old. I use mine with my spotting scope and my camera has to be between 6- 10 power for it to be focused threw the spotting scope. The only thing that makes me mad about mine is it keeps zooming back to zero and its a in and out focus fight.
So your camera takes still photos? So can you download them onto your computer then? I am looking into getting another camera so I can video tape my hunts as well. I am going to get one with a side window on it. So when they start moving in on me I can look down on the side window.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom