Pictures of unit 43, 47, 471

fuzzyvelvet

Does anyone have any pictures of these units to help me get a feel of what this country is like? I am looking forward to a high country deer hunt. Thanks.

Fuzzy

Deerlove, I put in for the ML deer hunt as a 2nd option and the archery hunt for 3rd in units 43, 47, 471. I think those are the correct units, whichever ones go along with 43.

LAST EDITED ON May-07-09 AT 09:41AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-07-09 AT 09:40?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON May-07-09 AT 09:38?AM (MST)

Yes, it's 43,47 and 471. I live in Aspen and can tell you it's definitely high country. Most off trail areas are rough and steep and that is where the deer and elk will be that time of year. The north end of 43 and the west end of 47 aren't so steep and high but 471 is pretty much all high country. The biggest thing to be prepared for is the altitude since most of the animals will be around treeline that time of year. I'm planning on drawing a muzzy tag as well for those units. If you send me your e-mail I'll see what pictures I have at home.

4a034e014d79c7aa.jpg

Thanks Serrano, how long does it take to hike into an area like the picture above? Beautiful country. Any successful hunt pictures?

LAST EDITED ON May-10-09 AT 08:04PM (MST)[p]The picture was taken about 3.5 miles from the trailhead. It took us over 5 hours to pack from the trailhead to our camp which is about 0.5 miles from where the picture was taken. The elevation is over 12000 feet in this picture. Most of the trailheads are about 8000 feet. This is an area on the edge of the Wilderness. To get into the interior would be difficult without horses. I didn't go in.

I didn't kill one there. I was within 60 yards of one I wanted but couldn't close the distance.

Ken

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom