PIGMAN!!

cjboz

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Oct-14-12 AT 11:50PM (MST)[p]Douchebag!! Just got done watching his show, not because it drew me in, but pissed me off. The show was about hunting in Argentina for anything..., halfway through the hunt they "##### about walking 3 miles, making fun of his guide, crippling a " buffalo" that the neighboring ranch gouchos saw and shooting him in the A$s on video and claiming he was shooting for a femoral artery! What a Simpleton!

I like his show. When hunting sometimes shots go bad. Im not condoning what happened because I haven't seen this show.

who farted?

a follow up shot in the butt are you kidding me? if you get a follow up shot into a buffalo that is better then having it go into the brush and losing it.

When shooting at buffalo you shoot until they are down.

who farted?

THE PIGMAN IS ONE OF MANY, (BONE COLLECTOR CREW, STAN POTTS,LARRY D. JONES,JACKY BUSHMAN, THE DUCK COMMANDERS,TIM HERROLD, & A FEW OTHERS THAT ARE AVOIDING GETTING A REAL 8-5 JOB THAT THEY NEED TO GET !!!!..................YD.

>
> THE PIGMAN IS
>ONE OF MANY, (BONE COLLECTOR
>CREW, STAN POTTS,LARRY D. JONES,JACKY
>BUSHMAN, THE DUCK COMMANDERS,TIM HERROLD,
>& A FEW OTHERS THAT
>ARE AVOIDING GETTING A REAL
>8-5 JOB THAT THEY NEED
>TO GET !!!!..................YD.

Well said YD, all hunting shows are just advertisements anymore. can stand that idiot john porter on best of west. the only show i watch that keeps me entertained is jim shockey and the professionals. i do skip a few here and there though...

What don't you like about John Porter? I've met him several times and watched many of his shows. He's always seemed like a pretty good guy to me and a great guide for Wyoming sheep, from what I've heard.

Carefull boys!! A few years back I watched old "PIGMAN" and some slob guide from Utah hunt elk on the manti(late season) by hauling in hay and "baiting" elk in 2 feet of snow(even doing this he couldn't kill an elk). I was sickened, anyone that is familiar with this unit knows the elk winter out by spring city, they ain't hard to find, especially for a "professional guide". I was especially pissed about hauling in hay. I contacted some of his sponsors and to there credit they responded immediately. HOWEVER, SO DID HIS LAWYER. I was told that I would be sued immediately if I didn't stop my "crusade". I then contacted the DWR. I asssumed that they were baiting big game and that was illegal in Utah. Technically they weren't baiting, but according to the DWR'er I talked to it was "extremely unethical". I responded back to the PIGMAN and his lawyer that technically I was wrong, but that in Utah we actually hunt, not set up a feeder, that activity we all consider unethical, sloppy, and lazy. I didn't get sued, but to their credit his sponsors agreed with me and he lost two.
In short, this guy is a sad excuse for a "professional". He is lazy, stupid, and mouthy.

We have a lot of his type out there being "expert hunters" Uncle Ted, Bone collectors, Tiffany and her wife Lee, Stan Potts, "anything wild clowns", hollywood hunter, most of the whitetail hunters(if you hunt out of a heated shack, need I say more),etc, etc!!
I think the duck commanders realize they are not a hunting show, but a reality show so I give them a break.

On your own adventures, eastmans(maybe 30% of the time) Les Johnson, are just a few of those that might be worthy of the "expert" title.

I still say the best hunting show would be taking 10 of these clowns, picking a species, and a public area and turning them loose to show us how great they are. No feeders, guides, heated shacks, etc, just the "professional" on his own. Each week the weakest would go away. On second thought we would need more than 10, in the first week 8 of 10 would most likely get lost and quit. Can you imagine Tiffany and her wife dropped into the North slope to hunt elk, good lord that would be the show!!! In fact to better it, you could have them compete with "average joe" every week. Uncle Ted, on the Manti hunting deer, Joe Average doing the same, after a week, lets see who is the better hunter!

When they came for the road hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the oppurtunists I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the public land hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for me there was no one left to say anything!

Personally I'm sick of and quite unimpressed with the Western Elite "I dont hunt out of a heated shack" Egotistical attitude.
Furthermore, there's a reason whitetails are now dominating much of the Western landscape and further expanding as the Mule Deer fades away. It's a much more adaptable, wary animal and tastes much better too.
Some of you High horse cowboys need to lose that mentality cause you aint "all that".

I don't like some of these guys either, but as far as a heated blind.....I've been back east and you aren't gonna go tromping out through those woods like you do out west. You can't even walk through some of those jungles. So I think as far as hunting goes, you have to do what works best for your area. I do enjoy watching some of the shows. I admit watching someone sit in a blind or tree stand isn't my idea of a good show, but hey they're getting paid to hunt and I'm working two jobs to be able to afford to hunt ......who's smarter? :)

Most hunting shows are just a hybrid of reality TV.

Obviously, that is what sells or it would not be like that.

I rarely watch hunting shows or videos. They are disapointing to me.

anyone that thinks they can go back east and hike the hills with there magnum and spotting scope like they do out west is up in the night. You cant see 50 yards in most places and the deer will just walk around you. So you are going to see shows with feeders, stands, heated blinds ect. Its just the way it is

now baiting elk here on the manti is another story. I think that is total bs. That rancher probably also got money for that hay that was eaten as well.

who farted?

I see your point, whitetail are expanding west so us western hunters are obviously idiots!! Guess you missed all the elk heading east? This year in Utah (northern especially) there was 2 ft of snow for our deer hunt. There are trailers still stuck on the mtn, and most likely will spend the winter. Where I hunt elk, (camp is at 9200ft) it was 12 degrees at night. Sorry bro, but none of us out here spend the summer plowing and planting food plots. I hunted elk up hill(starting at 9200ft) for a week, in the deep dark forest. At no point did I have a camo, heated shack (if you hunt in a shack why do you camo up). Didn't have any feeder throwing out bait. We then spent 2 days hauling two elk(my 5point and bro in laws 6point) back off the mtn, no bad boys buggy, no truck, cutting up a 500+ pound animal and packing it out. Whitetails are fine. I enjoy pheasant hunting, so I am sure I will adapt to hunting fields for deer. I watch the same shows as you (and most suck), but I always laugh at how "tough" whitetail hunting is. You drive out in a golf cart(bad boy buggy), spray yourself with scent killer, then climb in a heated shack(is it necessary to be scent free indoors), then spend the day watching your food plot or feeder. Your right, its way harder than getting to the tops of the mtn, (usually in snow in late october), then climbing often over 10,000ft, then spotting and stalking all day in the elements, only to kill something and get to pack it out. The reason there are so many whitetail shows is its WAY easier to film a corn field from a stationary platform than it is to actually hunt. Yup, the western guys are on their high horses,(ever wonder why you might need a horse to hunt out here) simply because we can be.

When they came for the road hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the oppurtunists I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the public land hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for me there was no one left to say anything!

>I don't like some of these
>guys either, but as far
>as a heated blind.....I've been
>back east and you aren't
>gonna go tromping out through
>those woods like you do
>out west. You can't even
>walk through some of those
>jungles. So I think as
>far as hunting goes, you
>have to do what works
>best for your area. I
>do enjoy watching some of
>the shows. I admit watching
>someone sit in a blind
>or tree stand isn't my
>idea of a good show,
>but hey they're getting paid
>to hunt and I'm working
>two jobs to be able
>to afford to hunt ......who's
>smarter? :)

That is one thing i totally agree with, I have never been that smart!!!!

Nobody is saying hunting here out west is physically easier. They are saying hunting out in the east is different. You have to adapt. If you try and hike your butt off like you do here you will end up on a road or on someone elses land. The hiking is also through thick poison ivy and thick brush and heavy trees infested crap. There isn't anywhere you can really sit up on a ridge and glass like you can out west.

killing a public land trophy whitetail might be physically easier then it is to kill a trophy mule deer but it will be harder to find one on public land and kill it.

I think the whitetail shows suck balls to watch. The only ones that kill consistently good bucks are all on private land that is off limits to me unless I want to fork over the 2000-5000 bucks. Even though you are sitting in one of the best places to find a deer on these areas if the deer have been hunted at all you will probably eat your tag.

I have worked in almost all of the 50 states. I work on big chunks of private and public land in the very good deer country. I spend sunup to sundown in these areas 6 days a week and i rarely ever see a whitetail buck unless it is during the rut, at night, or very early morning and evening. I rarely ever see a deer while i am physically gridding the property i'm on with a 30 meter by 30 meter grid. In the last 7 years of working I have only seen one whitetail buck over the 150"-160" mark while I see 2-5 mule deer a year over the 180"-210" mark. All of the better big whitetail deer i've seen are always on private land where the mule deer are always on public land I can hunt every year.

Id love to see anyone with a western attitude go hunt whitetail deer like they do out here. They will have their butt handed to them.

who farted?

LAST EDITED ON Nov-02-12 AT 09:44AM (MST)[p]Try spending the day standing in a tree stand or sitting in a non-heated blind when it's 4 degrees and windy.That style of hunting has it's own unique challenges.Much more mental than physical.I used to have the same opinion as Hossblur until I actually tried hunting whitetails in Iowa.Talk about a wake-up call!At 61 years of age,a heated blind sounds pretty good to me!I can't get my buddy to put heaters in those blinds!!
I've packed my fair share of critters off the mountain,including my buddy's muley this season.While I appreciate the fact that I worked hard for many of my trophies,I also try not to be too judgemental of those whose hunting styles are different than mine.Try it before you criticize.You just might be surprised.

Not sticking up for Pigman at all.The guy is not who I want to see as an ambassador for hunting.Frankly,he is an idiot who is only concerned about killing stuff.Only watched that show one time to get completely turned off by the guy.
There's only one reason I like to watch "The Crush".Well,two:The other is they kill huge whitetails.

Jealousy breeds contempt. Sounds like a bunch of guys jealous they have to have a real job while people they despise get paid to not have an 8 to 5 job and be on TV. If you don't like it; change the channel but obviously somebody wants to see it and is paying to put it on the TV or it would not be there.

The Professionals Nepal series was probably the best four shows I have ever seen.

Back to the Pigman, I met a guy out on the Oquirrhs who was looking for a bull for the Pigman this fall. Just wondering if he got one? I didn't see any haystacks on the mountain out there, lol.

I'm not really sure what some think, but I live here in Utah and we rarely see if ever see 30" bucks. They don't just hang out all day long waiting for someone to shoot them. Other than dumb yearling bucks, you see bucks first light and last light, they too are pretty much nocturnal. I don't want want to go to far down the road but I work a very physical job, my wife is an accountant, she tries to make the "mental is every bit as hard as physical" argument all the time, but at 38 I have two nearly blown shoulders, a bad knee and am on the way to bulged disks, while she had to get glasses. Yeah I agree sitting in a tree stand is boring, its not the same as climbing.

The guy out on the Oquirrhs was probably that slob guide friend of his that lives here in Utah.

I love the your just jealous because you have a job and he hunts for a living. YEAH YOUR RIGHT!! I wish I could hunt all the time, HOWEVER, THE PIGMAN is no hunter, he is a personality. He, and the others of his ilk are TRIGGERS. He is a carnival barker, he is "sideshow bob". He is loud, obnoxious,(has a cool accent though), tatooed up, clown who at one time did something most of us hadn't seen(pig slaughtering). I can't help but think what Chuck Adams thinks about all the worlds "greatest hunters" on T.V.? Probably nothing, because he actually is hunting, while they are working on their "urban camo", trademark tag line, and original "hip" background music.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-09-12 AT 07:57AM (MST)[p]A 30" buck is no different than a 24" buck except there more rare.
They are not more nocturnal. The only reason you dont see more is utahs general deer units are managed for yearling deer. Go to any le unit or archery only area and you will multiple 30"arrow bucks that will come out and eat mid day. I see them every year.

Hoss the only thing im beating you over the head with your attitude a western hunter is some how better than an eastern hunter. Its simply not true. We as hunters need to stand together and be more tolarant of other styles because if we dont it will go away. Ive seen califorinas own hunters get rid of cougar and hunting with dogs. Ive seen utah get rid of canned hunts. Democrats are trying to get guns banned with un resolutions. If we continue to allow this to happen we will end up like the uk. Ive been to the uk multiple times and it sucks as a country. We are truley blessed here in the states to have what we have.

Pigman is a personality some like some dont. I think hes ok and will watch his show. For me its better than anything Michael waddel does but cant hold a candle to relentless persuit or the shokey show.

who farted?

I am glad to see canned hunts get the ax. Sorry, but I hold some reverence for the wild animals we hunt. The minute you fence them in they loose their nobleness, and shooting one is no different than the local butcher who comes out to your field and slaughters your cow. That is where I see whitetail hunting, at least "popular" whitetail hunting going. If you clear off land, spend the summer planting genetically modified crops, set up feeders, etc, etc,, aren't you pretty much a deer farmer? The pastures we had our cows in as a kid were pretty much just that, and if I shot one(other than with my bb gun) i wasn't some great hunter. We have elk farms here, and at no point would I think they are equal to the elk I chase all fall. I even extend that to the tame deer and bison out on antelope island, a point I have argued since SFW decided they should hunt it.
Western hunting is harder simply because the terrain is harder. Alaskan hunting is harder than western hunting, I don't take that personal, its just a fact. The reason there are more whitetail shows is simple, they are easier to film, and there are more of them to film. How many mtn. goat shows do you see?

SW, the problem we get into as gun owners, and as hunters is WE DON'T draw distinctions. We want to have such a big tent that it is easy for the other side to pick at the edges. Canned hunts are easy prey, by extending 10 seconds of our energies defending them, is 10 seconds less we have to defend something we all agree with. We have to defend vigorously what we all love, WILD ANIMALS AND FAIR CHASE. If guys like Rulon Jones want to sit out on the margins, then let them try to convince the non hunting world, as well as 95% of us that what they do is hunting.

In short, I started watching outdoor shows long before the outdoor channel. In the begining they were pretty much home videos of guys doing what we all do. Look at them today. There are shows on agriculture for growing deer, there is even a show on whitetail farming. What part of fair, in fair chase is that? I don't watch whitetail shows for the same reason I don't watch the WWE, I don't want to watch steroided up freaks pretending to be something they are not(wild animals).

SW, i don't consider this a beat down from either you or me, simply a good discussion on the outdoors!

"Your just jealous because _____, so you can't know anything!!"

Thanks man and i also respect and agree with most of the stuff you say on hear. I think it is ok for people to disagree at times. It is how you grow as a person.

Taximan, Pigman had the premium tag ,He did'nt get one on the archery hunt but came back on the early rifle and got one. Iseen a pic of it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom