Pioche

just a normal year in surrounding units & in 23... BUT recent "Monsoons" will help with much needed moisture.Now if lighting strikes stay away before rains come.Your unit will always produce,even on "DRY YEARS" ... Good Luck this Oct. Bruce & SilverGrand

Nevada is seeing the worst drought in 60 years combined with record temperatures that increases the possibility of wildland fires. I copied and pasted this right from the western great basin fire page, I live right by Pioche and it is not a normal year at all, in fact, we are coming off the 2 worst, driest years I can ever remember....

Thanks for the info. I was in Pioche for a couple of weeks last fall. I love to hunt Nevada so I will be there no matter how the rainfall ends up, it would just be a bonus to be able to hunt on a great horn growth year. I will be hunting with my 9 year old son so it will be a great trip no matter how big the deer get.

>I just got back from there
>and the feed and animals
>all looked pretty healthy.

How were the elk looking?

It looks like more rain on the radar tonight. Do you guys think it will be an average year for horn growth, or are the rains coming to late?

>The elk are looking great.

Sounds great...I will be there in 9 days for the archery opener :)

I only got into one bull this trip but he was a nice 6. I was out pretty low scouting some spots for my late rifle hunt. That bull and all the deer I saw were fat and healthy looking though. Good luck up there man, there are some giants around just leave one for me.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom