places to start in 74

nmelkman

where are some good places to find elk during the archery season on unit 74, thinking about hermosa creek???

Can't go wrong there. It's got plenty of roadless area and should contain many elk.

I would think twice about hermosa it has gone down hill the last 3 years. I scouted it last year during the archery season and did not see one cow. no cows during the rut no bulls.I am not looking at 74 this year as I drew 76. elk numbers are way down in 74 something the DOW does not want non residents to here.
they have given out way too many cow tags in the past and you still can get an additional cow tag in the drawing for 2&3 rifle and then buy a bull tag over the couner and shoot the frist cow you see and then keep hunting for a bull.

I was just there last week and saw 80 elk in one basin, not far from Hermosa creek. In fact, I saw elk everyplace I went. Get down there and kill some of those cows so the deer have a place to live.

fyi, if you have an otc cow tag you can only hunt in 74 this year, however if you have either sex you can still go to the other areas as well. Go figure....

Upper hermosa can be great elk hunting but there's alot of country to cover sometimes to find them.

It seems like everyone drew 76 this year!! Between this site and Bowsite, there are a bunch of guys going to 76.....

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom