Plaeteu/Thousand Lake Utah hunt

crimedog

Does anyone know about this hunt? I read alot about Book Cliffs, Vernon, and of course the Henry's and Pauns, but never here about this hunt. I would love any info on it.

E

ELKabong

Years ago Thousand Lake was a kick-butt area, I have heard the herd has been depleted. I'd bet a dedicated guy could still find nice bucks, but there are better areas.
I have heard the gene-pool in the Vernan area came from the Pons.
I drew the Thousand tag way back when, saw some nice deer, ended up tagging one I found, some jerk-wad wounded him 'an left him... shot through the tenderloins!

B

balz

If you are after a 24 inch 4 point not a bad choice still have to hunt a little but should find one. They seem to kill one great big buck off of there every other year or so but I agree with the last post I think there are better places to spend your money.

It would probably have a larger herd if we could convince those Wayne County boys to play by the same rules we all do. HA HA just playin don't want to start any fist fights

E

ELKabong

Hey balz, I think ya nailed it!
Still alot of yokels that believe the game is there for them to take, regardless of rules or season!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Top Bottom