Plateau/Boulder Muzzy Elk NR

Last year there were 45 applicants and only one tag. It looks like there are 2 or 3 people with more points than you as of last year. Without a bonus tag it will be tough in my opinion.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-05-15 AT 11:09AM (MST)[p]5%
There are no amount of points that will guarantee a tag since there is no max point tag

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Probably less than 5% this year with the longer season and the dates that line up with the rut more. I also put in for that single tag with my 13 NR points this year.

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-15 AT 06:06AM (MST)[p]I also put in for that tag with 10 NR points.

Last year there were 45 applicants with a total of 282 points/chances in the draw. If you had applied last year with 13 points, you would have had 14 chances out of 296 (about 4.7% chance)of drawing the only tag. The odds will likely be worse this year.

I don't have very high hopes of drawing the tag but you never know when you might get lucky. I drew a NM tag with 0.02% odds one year, so you never know.

Without a Bonus tag, you could have 50 points and it would still be a lottery.

That said, I was there last year during the muzzy deer hunt that overlaps with it- The bulls were screaming everywhere..!!

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Yep, I realize that. Dates looked good so decided to take my chances.

Always thought I would go archery, but the dates never look good to me.

Despite the poor dates , I want to hunt where quality Bulls live so put in with 14 NR pts for archery hunt. Not optimistic about my chances but if I draw look forward to words of wisdom from MM team. That would be my dream hunt realized . Only a couple of those dream hunts await all of us who apply as NR

Servehim,

I am optimistic about your odds of drawing a Boulder archery tag. In 2014 there were 2 people in the bonus permit pool with 13 NR points, but there is only one bonus permit on boulder. You should be right at the top of the list.

PM sent

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

LAST EDITED ON Mar-07-15 AT 10:03PM (MST)[p]Dillion, I got the PM, so sorry to hear of the challenge. Would love to talk with you in more depth. Any chance of a phone conversation? I scouted a bit last year and it fueled my fire

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom