Please Help.

muzzy125

I am new to bowhunting and have a question that i am having problems getting answered.I shot my bow the other day and sighted in my 20 yard peg.To get it dead on i had to move the whole sight almost all the way over to the right.My problem is that a 1/4 of an inch of the my sight is obscurred by the middle part of the bow.This is not a problem for seeing since i have the trophy ridge sight with the vertical pins.Any way to correct this or do i just have to live with it.Any info would be helpful.

Where exactly are you holding on your face? Are you using a peep? I use a release and a peep sight and hold it so the very back of my jawbone fits between my index and middle finger knuckles.

Hey Zigga, yes i am using a peep sight and have a kisser button so i should have the right form.It just bothers me that some of the round sight hood is covered,and i dont think there is any way to fix it then going to a smaller sight.

What bow? I have the same problem with a 3 year old Ultra tec. I am going to retire it this year as I can't live with it anymore. I shoot fingers tho so don't know if this exacerbates the problem. My sights are wayyy over to the right, with virtually no sight window. Do you shoot release?

Try paper testing your bow, that might help bring your sight more to the left your not paper tuned. (people at the archery shop should be able to help you with this)

Muzzy125,

What is your set up? Draw weight, draw length, what arrow are you shooting and what grain tip. Have you flight tuned it, starting with a paper tune? There could be two or three things that are wrong with your set up.

Stealth

Muzzy125

If your keeping the string drawn and 'touching' the exact part of your face(a consistant anchor point). Then it sounds like it might also be a center shot problem. Bad Center Shot is when the arrow rest is set too far left, or too far right in relation to the string.

Hi guys and thanks for all the info.I just recently got my bow tuned so i don't think it is my rest.I may just have bad form or i have to move my peepsight a little bit.I will maybe try to paper tune it tommorow and see what i can do.I do shoot release.My bow is a champion hurricane out of canada.You have probably never heard of them but it is a sweet bow and i have it set up awesome.27 inch draw,70 pound pull,125 grain muzzy on a cx hunter 300 arrow.

muzzy125:

I've set up and tuned bows for folks for many years, and can honestly say it's extremely difficult to pinpoint what's happening without seeing your bow and watching you anchor/shoot. However, based on what I THINK you're explaining, I can give you a very common mistake made by a lot of new shooters when their pins are too far right in their respective sight window.

Most of the time, it is simply where they are anchoring, especially with a release. To bring your pins farther left AND up in the sight window, try anchoring your release UNDER the side of your jaw line and not on the side of your face. Do NOT tilt your head, keep it stright up as if your giving a posture class. This should allow you to touch the right or center tip of your nose on the string, providing an additional point of reference.

Once you do this, move your PEEP where you can see your entire window while at your NEW anchor point. After doing this, your pins should come left and basically center in the window. You'll also be a bit more consistent in your shooting.

If you have a chance, take your bow to a pro-shop and have a quality shooter ensure your alignment is correct while shooting. Hopefully, I'm understanding what is occuring on your bow and the method descibed assists you. Good luck and keep us posted.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Thanks to all you guys for taking the time to help me.I paper tuned my bow yeterday and it is shooting perfect.No tears in the paper at all.After shootong last night i feel my form is good and that i am anchoring properly.I think maybe this is something that i might just have to live with.I have some awesome archery hunts plaed for this fall so i just want to have everything perfect.Thanks again

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom