Please read this, Subaru ANTI-HUNTING article

H

hornhunter35

LAST EDITED ON Nov-09-09 AT 09:59AM (MST)[p]Hello, I am new to this forum. I have always enjoyed reading the post but just never signed up. Glad to meet you all.

I thought this would be a great place to post this, I also think that this site has a great voice that people listen too.

I have sent this article to SCI, RMEF, FNAWS and a few more.

Please if you know anyone else that would like to read about this please tell them.

http://www.drive.subaru.com/Spr09/Spr09_feature.htm

When I called RMEF, they told me that their parking lot looked like a Subaru sales lot. I actually know many outdoorsmen and hunters that drive these. However I am sure that they dont know that they are donating money to the ASPCA and other anti hunting organizations.

What do you guys think?

LAST EDITED ON Nov-09-09 AT 10:22AM (MST)[p]Interesting, I have a picture I'll post when I get it downloaded concerning subarus but here in Durango, Subarus are all over the frikking place. However it's not outdoorsman that drive them, I think they are called lesbians? Well maybe not all of them are but I think a good dose are.

dutch
http://coloradohuntandfish.blogspot.com

It all makes sense now....I see Subarus loaded with "peace bumper stickers, anit war, earth first and the biggest tell-all....Obama '08 stickers." Did you know when you adopt a kitten or puppy from The Humane Society that part of your money goes to fight hunting and trapping. It looks like Subaru owners go hand in hand with The Humane Society. Interesting. Thanks for posting.

HK

i promise you i have not & will not buy a LEZBARU!

VJ
49ca8f1a4fbfdf37.jpg

Bought a Subaru 6 weeks ago and will be buying another one in a cpl weeks.
My computer is made in China too.

>Bought a Subaru 6 weeks ago
>and will be buying another
>one in a cpl weeks.
>
>My computer is made in China
>too.

Good for you!

The article in drive magazine is written very well. Its articles like this that get to people which make it very dangerous to hunting. I mean aren't we trying to introduce people to the outdoors?

Hunting is a 60 billion dollar industry, Its funny that Subaru would just close out and insult an entire industry.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-09 AT 10:14AM (MST)[p]not all subarus are anti

4af995d46b513cc7.jpg

4af9960a6c479781.jpg

4af996296cb8deff.jpg

4af996476dcc0816.jpg

4af9965b6e266847.jpg

and watch these videos

To put it lightly, you guys are a bunch of morons. Where in the article does it talk against hunting out in the wild? The article talks about using lethal action against animals that wander into our neighborhoods and yards that have been displaced due to economic development, etc.

"WE ARE FACED WITH RESOLVING CONFLICTS WITH WILD ANIMALS WHO FIND THEIR WAY INTO OUR YARDS, GARDENS, HOUSES, PARKS, AND PLAYGROUNDS."

I'm a hunter and outdoorsman and will continue to be such, and I feel no threat with this article. Also, your stereotype of Subaru owners is completley asinine and uneducated. Ever owned a subaru? I once did and it was a good car. I also know many people who own them and your sterotypes couldn't be more far fetched.

I am not saying the Subaru vehicle is a bad car. In fact, it is a rather great car. One of the best on the market. Maybe I didn't make that clear. I am not talking about the vehicle itself, I am talking about the company and the buyers, which happens to take $250 from each sale of the Subaru to donate it to the ASPCA (anti-hunting) which goes against what I believe in. Last year they donated four million dollars to this organization. That money is being put to use to try and stop the use of technology against animals. If you are a passionate hunter, why on earth would you give money to an organization that donates to an anti-hunting organization which is against a sport that you are "so-called" passionate about? This just puts you in the category of a Subaru buyer.

If you pull up their website, it says "anti-hunting." This article was written on a bias perspective, saying, "no animal should be shot out of ignorance and misunderstanding."
I don't know about you, but I did not take that as a compliment.
And suppose they do come into our yard, our playground, our garden, what is your suggestion on getting them out? Pet them, feed them, invite them in to play with kids?

You are wrong about the stereotype comment. These vehicles are marketed to the gay and lesbian community, liberals, and in this category are "save the world, live peacefully with all animals, anti-hunting, anti-cruelty, wildlife reserve...etc." And the funny thing is, these Subaru owning liberals who hike, kayak, bike, etc. do it on BLM land, which a good amount is funded by the sale of hunting and fishing licenses...which these people are not contributing to. An even funnier thing is they don't even know this or are even too stupid to figure it out.

I get my information through a pretty good source, my wife works for Subaru of America and I have attended many of their events and even talked with her colleagues on this issue.

It looks like you've done some research and with your wife working for Subaru you have a better perspective than most of what Subaru is about. I think a lot of the time on these forums people just fly off the handle without looking into it and getting the facts strait. That's what frustrates me, is when people make something out of nothing, but in this case you have are the exception. Thanks for the info.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-09 AT 11:15AM (MST)[p]When I was married we had a Legacy for a while, it was a good car. and yes, I do classify myself as a lesbian. haha. You have to live here to understand that stereotype.

btw, this article is more about removing wildlife from "domesticated" areas without just killing them.

I'm all for that, I didn't read anywhere about outlawing hunting.

dutch

LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-09 AT 11:34AM (MST)[p]They may not be not talking about outlawing hunting...which will never happen (it's a 60 billion dollar industry) but when that article says we need to find a way to stop the animals from coming into our spaces, this is a direct result from not culling the herds.

Hunting animals and conservation is what will ultimately prevent these animals from getting there in the first place, yet the anti-hunting organizations group this all together and make it out to be a bad thing. You see how this all goes hand in hand?

Please don't hold this against me, but I live in Chicago (I hate it), where all these deer roam freely in these forest preserves. There are too many deer living on top of one another and there is not enough food. They are dying from starvation and wandering across streets to find food, where they get hit and cause a brutal accident. Yet these same liberals are doing nothing to control this deer population and give the animals what they need to survive a healthy life.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-09 AT 12:19PM (MST)[p]Okay, you just contradicted yourself. Ther are too many deer and there is not enough food?
If the food is not there, first off, the wildlife will not be there. Secondly if the food is scarce and any wildlife is there, the reprodution rates are going to be lower anyways.

Why do you think you see so much wildlife in domesticated and urban areas? Because people think they are cute and want to feed them, lawns, flowers, human food and more supplies them with plenty, the lack of predators and boom, you got a nice little environment, they aren't going to leave.

So what do you do? It's not an issue of OVERpopulation in the forest, I think people that hunt public lands will attest to that here. Do you open up the city limits to hunters? or just kill the animals that come into town?

Like with bears here, they transplant them to the forest and tag them, after two or three times and the same bear keeps coming back, then they put them down.

The deer, elk and bear here will stay on private lands year round and urban areas due to food and no harrassment. So I see where you are coming from but than again it's not really tied to conservation as much as you think it is in some regards.

dutch

Not sure I see the connection to anti-hunting here. That org is about pets and very little to do with wild game.

I've got two of the Outbacks and they get around damn near as well as my F350.

I've also found I can go stealth when around all the nutters and it's easier to get permission to cross their land if they think you can't go off road anywhere :)

4af9d7fe786ae184.jpg

Cheers,
Pete

ASPCA IS against hunting, you might want to research this more. We owned a STI and the Tribeca. We just traded them in for a Toyota and F350

What part of "my wife works for Subaru of America" dont you understand? She works for corp...let me assure you that they are in fact TOTALLY AGAINST HUNTING.

Okay so NOT EVERYONE who drives a subaru is homosexual. Get over it, that is not the point. The original point is that the Subaru Company supports ANTI HUNTING groups. You are still cool if you put a buck in the back...just not as cool if the rack is sticking out of the bed of your F-150. I'll bet you wouldn't buy a Chevy if you knew they directly supported PETA....I know I wouldn't. Stop letting your ego run your brain and listen to what the original poster is saying.

HK

All I know about Subaru is that they are the cars I always get stuck behind while I am driving my pickup up the canyon... Don't know if they can't make the pull, or if its just a doucher behind the wheel trying to enjoy the scenery along the way.... Whatever the case may be, I don't know... and frankly don't care because I think they are one of the stupidest looking vehicles on the road, so I will never buy one :)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-09 AT 05:06PM (MST)[p]"You are wrong about the stereotype comment. These vehicles are marketed to the gay and lesbian community, liberals, and in this category are "save the world, live peacefully with all animals, anti-hunting, anti-cruelty, wildlife reserve...etc." And the funny thing is, these Subaru owning liberals who hike, kayak, bike, etc. do it on BLM land, which a good amount is funded by the sale of hunting and fishing licenses...which these people are not contributing to. An even funnier thing is they don't even know this or are even too stupid to figure it out."

If your "cause" really meant that much to you, your wife wouldn't be accepting a paycheck from such a dastardly company.

Hornhunter, I may be a bit on the naive side, but how is the Subaru marketed for gay/lesbian folks? I currently live in Alaska and there are thousands of Subarus (other than 4 wheel drives, they are best sellers) on the road because they are amongst the best vehicles for our climate. I've never seen a commercial/advertisement depicting the "Alternate" lifestyle that this vehicle is marketed towards. I assume your wife has insider knowledge that most aren't privy to, since she works for the company? Also, where is the info posted about how much Subaru donates to anti-hunting organizations? I couldn't seem to find it on their web site (I may not know where to look).

Thanks for the help,
Garion

LAST EDITED ON Nov-13-09 AT 08:52AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-13-09 AT 08:51?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-13-09 AT 08:48?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-13-09 AT 08:45?AM (MST)

I went to the site and read the article then i checked the Subaru link page where they list all the org. they feel are worth wile ASPCA is one of those I went the site and looked at there mission statements on animal cruelty and there stance on hunting here is what i found.

Hunting

Because there is no guarantee that wildlife taken in sport hunting will be killed outright or spared the distress of pursuit and possible wounding and escape, the ASPCA is opposed to hunting animals for sport, even if the animals killed in this way are subsequently consumed. The ASPCA does recognize that wildlife management may be necessary in situations where animal and human interests collide, but urges that management strategies be nonlethal wherever possible and never include avoidable suffering or distress.

So the original poster is right they do give donations to a org. that opposes hunting So before you say the original poster is wrong maybe you should do your own checking OH Waite thats just to much work! Here is a guy that gives you some info to stay informed on what your purchasing and who your supporting and you throw it back at him because your too lazy to do any checking on your own. and to wapiti bill you want some guy to tell his wife to quiet her job in this economy you don't know that guys financial situation! What was it to hard to say thanks for the heads up!!! No you want to be a smart ass and voice that fagy comment nice job killer way to support hunting as i can see from how many posts you put up all you support is running your mouth

You are right there, however what everyone was saying was the ARTICLE is not against hunting, I read it as they are trying to displace wildlife from urban areas to more natural habitats without killing them.
Someone says "against hunting" and everyone goes off the deep end without looking into the situation. I went to the website, I researched their partners and yes, I already knew subaru supports mountain bikers, kayakers and as I assumed anti hunting groups. Most subaru drivers here are, liberals, environmentalist types, that is why I do NOT own or will never buy a subaru.

dutch

I saw a commercial for this charity promotion today. I took about 5 minutes to look up the charities and noticed that Tim McGraw is listed as a supporter of ASPCA. McGraw is a hunter but when you see the list of supporters that his name is listed with like Drewy Barrymore and the Beastie Boys, it raises a lot of questions for me.

On another note, if anyone is looking for another Subaru charity to dislike, the National Wildlife Federation support Grey Wolf Restoration in the West. Also saw this on their website:

"The buffalo of Yellowstone roam free in the park, but face danger when they unknowingly exit its boundaries."
What does that mean? Hunting?

Without knowning anything other than looking on the websites of the ASPCA and National Wildlife Federation, I would be uneasy about making a donation to either group. The websites seem to be purposefully vaugue and lack important information.

I'm not sure what the lesbians in your area are like but here in CA alot of thgem are great. Total outdoors gals that don't have a problem with hunting or fishing, football and beer. In fact alot of them are like one of the guys. I know it's strange but I have no problem with most. I'm sure not all are this way but a large number are.

I am working in Breckenridge, Co right now and every other car is a Subaru.I have never seen one that does not have a bike rack or a Oboma sticker. Anybody wearing spandex in my opinion is gay, does this make them go faster on a bike or just confirm they are gay? BUY DODGE!

Young liberals drive Subarus, then they graduate to become old liberals and buy Audis.

Subaru of Montana, or some Montana Subaru dealer, used to support an early morning hunting/fishing/outdoor show. This was NOT the national company of course.

I bought a Subaru Outback in '97 and put 200,000 nearly trouble free miles on it. It was a meat wagon. I drove back from Broadus once with two antelope and one big muley strapped to the top. Came back several other times with one or two speed goats strapped to the top if they didn't get boned out. Drove the crap out of it on forest service roads for mountain grouse and elk. Had a tarp that fit the back with the seats folded down so I could haul deer and geese in the back if the canoe was on top. Hauled a popup camper behind it for years.

It was great to sleep in the back with the rear seats folded forward. Great for extended prairie dog shoots or bird hunting far from town. Of course not as much room as the back of a pickup with a topper!

It was a very versatile hunting vehicle that got excellent mileage and was totally reliable. Makes me SICK that the national company would support the ASPCA as I'd love to get another Outback (used) and hunt the crap out of it. I'll never buy a new one for sure due to the anti-hunting support.

I didn't care about the lezbo image thing, not that insecure. Had two guys in a monster truck in Broadus talk to me about that and "how do you hunt out of that little thing?". I asked them how far off the road they hunt and how/if their truck really supported how they hunted big game and if they had seen one mile of road/trail that required their lift kit in Eastern MT. Silence... I drove my Suby through a flood once, but that's another story.

Excellent hunting vehicles. However, I'm done with Subaru unless/until they change things.

There are few things that usually go together

Subaru's
Anti Hunters
Wolf lovers
Hippies
REI
Beckenstocks
Sandles
SUWA
Green Peace
Granola cruncher
John Lennon glasses
:D
I could go on, but they start getting bad from here
4b16a2be723528e6.jpg

4b16a311742593d4.jpg

Birds of feather flock together!

Have you seen Travis Pastrana wreck his Subaru?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUjyYnQJOpc

4b16a34c75714cfe.jpg

No Hippies were harmed in creating this post. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom