please score this antelope

ClarkW

I know a couple of you on this site seemed pretty savy about scoring antelope last year on some posts I looked at. I am hoping for some educated guesses on this buck just to see where I am at. Thanks.

48ae05dd41a08edd.jpg

48ae05f042073734.jpg

48ae0601426ece7d.jpg

48ae060e42a0adce.jpg

I have shot a 79" goat, your looks a little bigger, I put him in the low 80's.

Before i read the other replys i was thinking that he might go 80".

Nice one, i'd shoot him in a second! 79 1/2 gross.

Joey

Sorry but I don't feel like he is bigger than say 75 after adding him up I am only at 72 but maybe he has a little extra in there.

Jordan

Nice symetrical buck. I'd guess about 14 inches and about 76 gross. Shoot him ! Chip

LAST EDITED ON Aug-22-08 AT 12:31PM (MST)[p]Antelope are incredibly hard to judge with a photo. I'd say mid 70's. A nice one. He has good mass above the prong and pretty good hooks. He'd get an arrow from me for sure!

I will also put him near 74-76? I do not think he has the prongs or mass to put him near 80. He is definitely a nice goat, but not book imo.

I'll agree with those that put him around 76". A little short on prong and mass, but very pretty. Maybe if you whack him you can let us know how close we were.

In the front view it looks like he has big wide hooks and that adds alot of inches, he looks over 15" to me with decent mass, I would guess that he will go over 80 gross, and his net wont be far behind 80 but just a guess, go kill him and let us know.

Thanks for everyones input, I appreciate it. There was a wide range of guesses there, which can be expected looking at pictures. I got to say, this buck looked pretty big to everyone looking at it. The pictures don't impress me as much alone, but when this buck was next to other bucks he really stood out. Thanks again for your time and comments.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-08 AT 01:15PM (MST)[p]I'm going to guess about 88 inches. Good luck if you can or did stick an arrow in him or know of anyone who did.

Eli,

I would listen to your advice over anyone's, but can you explain why you guess him that high (I guessed 74-76)? I am missing something big time! From the pics I would pass and that would be pretty dumb on a 88" goat!:)

We actually guessed the buck in that range. We shot a 77" buck right after blowing the stalk (within 4 minutes) on the buck pictured here and it was obvious that this buck was considerably bigger. Really, there was no comparison. They were not in the same class, that's for sure.

Guess it will have to stay a debate. Thanks again for everyones replies and guesses. If it makes everyone feel better, all the guys back home that looked at him ranged from 72-89". Big variety of opinions. Makes you really appreciate those few guys out there that can score antelope good. My compliments to those folks, that's impressive.

Eli is gonna be alot closer than the rest of you. This is a picture of me with a 72" buck with 14" horns, the one in the picture is ALOT bigger than mine!!!

48b9a3d76a26d31e.jpg

Donnie

17 long, 5 4/ prong, 14 bottom, 7 4/ top

Most likely someone will take the buck this year and hopefully we'll get to see some field photos!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom