PLEASE SUBMIT FEEDBACK/COMMENTS ON 2021 UDWR ELK/DEER PROPOSALS/CHANGES!!!

elkassassin

Long Time Member
I'm Posting This in the GENERAL Forum in Hopes of More People/Sportsmen Reading it!

I Won't Sound Like a Broken Record!

You All Know How I Feel about Game Management!

I'm Posting a Link Below for Feedback & Comments!

Please Take a few Minutes & Leave a Comment And/Or Some Feedback!

You Don't even Have to Go to the RAC Meetings,They'll Probably Be Closed to the COVID Anyway!

This Is Important!

UN-Limited General Elk Tags?

Opening an LE Unit Up to Be Finished Off?

The LE Unit I'm Referring to is the Anthro Elk Unit!

It's Been Quite a Few Years ago,Anthro Was As Good as any LE Unit in the State for a Few Years,Then the POOR Management/Cow Slaughters/Late Bull Depredation Hunts & Etc Started And it's been going Down Hill more & more by the Year!

Now They are Proposing Opening the LE Anthro Elk Unit up for a FREE FOR ALL Shoot-Out!

By the Next/Following Years They'll probably want to open other LE Units up & Destroy Them? (I Hope Not!)

Anyway!

It's Past Time To Man-Up & At Least Give Your Input/Comments & Feedback!

Click on the Link Below & GIT-ER-DONE!

Thanks!

While opposed to the unlimited tag option, they bring up a valid issue we face here in Utah. Most people do not have the opportunity to hunt and have a chance at seeing a good bull elk on a regular occasion. They get essentially a once in a decade to once in a lifetime opportunity to hunt a good bull in Utah. What are the thoughts of opening up the limited entry areas more, giving up some quality for more opportunity?

So?

You're Willing to Destroy LE Units that Took Many Years to Build Quality Animals Just for a Few More Hunters to Get their """I Deserve the Opportunity""" BS Rhetoric?

While opposed to the unlimited tag option, they bring up a valid issue we face here in Utah. Most people do not have the opportunity to hunt and have a chance at seeing a good bull elk on a regular occasion. They get essentially a once in a decade to once in a lifetime opportunity to hunt a good bull in Utah. What are the thoughts of opening up the limited entry areas more, giving up some quality for more opportunity?

I think destroying areas is an extreme view of what I said. As I said, I don’t agree with the unlimited tags, but would be curious if you have some ideas around expanding opportunity. I personally would rather hunt more regularly and have a chance at good bulls compared to once or twice in a lifetime chasing a great one. For me it’s not about size but the opportunity to get out and have a good hunt. Just my own opinion, doesn’t mean it’s the right or most popular one. I just have seen multiple people finally draw that coveted San Juan or other tag, but by the time they do, they aren’t physical able to enjoy it like they wanted because it took so long to draw the tag. I feel like that will become more common as the years go by with our current setup. I guess what I’m trying to get at is this: this was their solution to the opportunity issue which I feel is a valid issue in our state. If we are going to provide feedback, why not try to give some alternatives that solve that issue. Im also not convinced it wasn’t a monetary move btw, but if it there was real intent here why not try to come up with solutions?

Last edited:
I’ve already been to the page and gave them an opposing earful of what I think of their idiotic proposals and ideas as well as how to avoid and fix this transgender attempt on our wildlife!

Don’t worry! It was tactfully said!

But very BLUNT!

Their biology/science needs to be checked with COMMON SENSE before anything proceeds toward a possible solution!

And frankly, COMMON SENSE is only held by the sportsman!

So they better listen to the sportsman.....who are the better half of their management options!!!

I see posts about "we need to have more opportunities on the LE units, it takes decades to hunt a big bull".
That is completely incorrect, many many many hunters, in fact 1000s of hunters are able to hunt LE units every single year, they don't even have to draw a tag. The can buy a spike tag over the counter and they choose to shoot a big bull before he has a chance to grow up. So you want more opportunity to "have a good hunt" and shoot a more mature bull.......stop killing them before they get a chance to grow up. It's pretty simple.

If you want a chance to shoot a 3yr old bull every year, come to Colorado like every other swinging dik. Don't forget yer elbow pads though, it's a full contact sport! And you best hurry up, we got wolves comin in 2023, if we've still got firearms here in Rome!

If you want a chance to shoot a 3yr old bull every year, come to Colorado like every other swinging dik. Don't forget yer elbow pads though, it's a full contact sport! And you best hurry up, we got wolves comin in 2023, if we've still got firearms here in Rome!
LOL!

Yeah, I hunted colorado for deer 3rd season two years ago and it took me a minute to realize that I was competing with buck, doe, bull, and cow tag holders all at the same time! It was a struggle to get away from people at first but after a couple days we learned to just ask the folks we ran into what species and sex they were hunting. Information was exchanged freely at the point when both parties learned they were not in competition with each other! Still a frustrating experience!

I've gave them my 2cents worth I can understand people wanting more opportunities but c'mon everything has its limits,here in Utah if you open up any general unit to unlimited tags your signing that units death warrant that goes for both deer and elk as far as anthro goes Bess is right on the money if they open it up to a general hunt unit the place will be ruined the first season it's already been hammered enough why ruin it totally?? Then I see they want to add another any weapon deer hunt that's totally insane,if all this is passed hunting here in Utah will be a bigger joke than it is now

Hell no

Elk that's not the only LE they want to change. They want to split Oquirr-Stansbury and make the east side a general unit. They want the west to be archery or HAMS only by what I read.

Unlimited general tags is ridiculous. The pumpkin patch would truly be unbearable.

It should be obvious to all that the Utah game and fish department doesn't give a **** about our wildlife all they want is more money,Opening up un limited tags is a money maker.

Bess: I’m with you 100%

People have drawn their LE tag and are now mad that they can‘t have one every year! Now they preach “opportunity”. Remember the unit where my wife killed her bull? Well,
they opened it up to a General unit a few years back and they slaughtered it. I guess it bothered the DWR that there was a few decent bulls around.

I hope you draw your tag before it gets worse.....

I believe the DWR is doing an amazing job and I just emailed them to let them know that. Can you imagine trying to manage wildlife for a bunch of utards?

The
I think destroying areas is an extreme view of what I said. As I said, I don’t agree with the unlimited tags, but would be curious if you have some ideas around expanding opportunity. I personally would rather hunt more regularly and have a chance at good bulls compared to once or twice in a lifetime chasing a great one. For me it’s not about size but the opportunity to get out and have a good hunt. Just my own opinion, doesn’t mean it’s the right or most popular one. I just have seen multiple people finally draw that coveted San Juan or other tag, but by the time they do, they aren’t physical able to enjoy it like they wanted because it took so long to draw the tag. I feel like that will become more common as the years go by with our current setup. I guess what I’m trying to get at is this: this was their solution to the opportunity issue which I feel is a valid issue in our state. If we are going to provide feedback, why not try to give some alternatives that solve that issue. Im also not convinced it wasn’t a monetary move btw, but if it there was real intent here why not try to come up with solutions?
They lowered the age and gave out more tags on the south cache, it went from good(320-some top end 360+) to 250-300 maybe. Now they are going to ruin the any bull. So a bunch of people can have camping permits, that what we called elk tags in the mid 80s headed back in that direction. At least we had deer then.

T
The

They lowered the age and gave out more tags on the south cache, it went from good(320-some top end 360+) to 250-300 maybe. Now they are going to ruin the any bull. So a bunch of people can have camping permits, that what we called elk tags in the mid 80s headed back in that direction. At least we had deer then.
Yeah both cache units don’t seem to carry what they used to, that is where I usually spend most of my time and have noticed that. I thought they actually raised the age on the south cache back in their last adjustment and are now raising meadowville with this as well to 6.5-7 year old objectives. Either way, I don’t think the solution of opportunity comes with more rifle tags, I think some could be done with closer range options such as archery or more primitive muzzy options. Opening up LE units may not be the best solution, just trying to think of reasonable alternatives.

All you guys crying just need to hunt harder. Put a little bend in your flat brimmed hat. Put a fresh hunting sticker on the back of your truck. Come up with a new creative name for a buck/bull you saw 1 time. Get it done. Why are you crying about opportunity? You should be saying thanks!!

T

Yeah both cache units don’t seem to carry what they used to, that is where I usually spend most of my time and have noticed that. I thought they actually raised the age on the south cache back in their last adjustment and are now raising meadowville with this as well to 6.5-7 year old objectives. Either way, I don’t think the solution of opportunity comes with more rifle tags, I think some could be done with closer range options such as archery or more primitive muzzy options. Opening up LE units may not be the best solution, just trying to think of reasonable alternatives.
They did up the age but it’s shot out and been over hunted for opportunities. The LE guys are shooting rags. There might be a few good ones one Kearls and scattered but the overall quality is way down from what it was.

utah is in such disarray when it comes to wildlife management, the unlimited general elk tags is just saying hey, come annihilate our states elk herd. I just dont get their thinking process anymore. I personally think utah should shut down a unit every 3 years for a 3 year period only allowing predatory hunts to manage predators and cycle through the entire state. Let the herds come back state wide slowly but surely and figure out how to manage correctly. Something drastic needs to happen because if they keep their thinking process up a 2 point will be a trophy state wide

Please take a Few Minutes Guys & Gals & Let Your Opinions & Voices Be Heard!

[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected]

Might as well, they destroyed the 9 Mile LE Unit on the Anthro South border bout 20 years. It will help disperse all the pressure with there 3 season pizz cutter general bull hunt that south slope and 9 mile get pounded from. Season dates are the biggest problem imo.
I’m sure Don PEay has nothing but our best interests going forward

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom