PleaseDear

Well tell us more about it pleasedeer...did u see any good ones? did u have a chances? Tell us about your hunt please? Gary

Hell Robb, I work at the Post Office and have been know to hang out with Hounddoggers. Which means my IQ is in the single digits, and I even knew what you meant. :) :)

You might get buried with emails. Or at least tired of typing the same story. I'd sure like to hear about your hunt, whether you arrowed one or not (sorry to hear you didn't). Tell us the details, please?

I went, I stalked and I never shot an arrow. Like 95% of most/all bow hunting stories, no harvest.
Atleast I didn't shoot some stupid unethical distance out of being desperate and wound any Rams and not recover him.

I just can't believe the E-mails that guys have already sent me of bucks ( Utah-Neveda) they have bow shot at over 50 yards, some have shot out to 65-70 yards!!!! Some recovered (the next day) most not recovered!! Why.....stupid- no ethics distances of the shot.

Or maybe, todays Archery has past me by. My 35 yard distance rule is outdated?? Maybe I need a new long distance bow instead of my '91 Fred Bear 48 inch wheel to wheel ancient bow??

I just can't think of a hunt tag I have drawn that I put so much effort for physical conditioning, getting my llama-packstring in tip-top shape, shooting at very steep angles up/down from left up/down, from right up/down, mental preperation, re-visiting my woodmanship skills, and time into a hunt and got nothing!! Stalks--yeh, great Rams, yeh, lots of sheep, yeh, everyday but 3 days of the hunt, wonderfull memories and photo's, yeh....... big deal!! No Ram!

I'm still so depressed!!

Oh well, I already have a Rocky Ram so I guess it is just spilt milk now.....

Any of you guys/gals draw this tag in the future, I'll go on a scouting tri;p with ya and loan ya my maps with notes and everything I can to help ya fill your tag.

Sorry to hear you didn't get a ram!
It must be the lowest of lows to strike out after being so high after drawing that tag!
I have a friend that struck out on his Nevada Desert sheep hunt, He went from king of the world after drawing the tag to total devestation after passing two legal rams and running out of time and going home empty.
To make matters worse it would have been his GRAND SLAM RAM!
Better Luck Next Time!

Robb,

I respect you for not taking unethical shots. I am truly very sorry to hear you did not get a ram. I am familiar with your situation. My wife drew a desert tag a couple of years aog. She hunted hard (rifle). She had a shot and missed. She was sick about it but I was sicker, for her. After 14 days of hunting she went home empty handed. She hung in there refusing to shoot young ram after young ram, the kind a lot of people shoot in desperation. I respect her intestinal fortitude. But in the end, I was devastated. Still am in a way. Sheep hunting is very important to me. It's a very high profile tag to own. I have always said it's the heaviest piece of paper I ever carried around.

On the last evening of the season we were riding home in silence and she finally said tearfully "I feel like I failed you." Failed ME? I asked what she meant. She said I worked so hard for her and it was so important to me. She said she had a great time, learned tons about the mountain, the sheep and most important, about herself. Plus we got to spend 14 days together doing something we enjoy. We also had a variety of friends and family join us to make the memories. A week or so after the season my buddy called and said how "sorry" he was. Sounded like someone had died. I told him the guy I felt sorry for was the guy that shot his ram on the first day of the season. He said I was crazy. But I believe that guy learned nothing. Went home being the bigshot but not knowing one more thing than he knew the day before. I realized then that, yes it was important and yes it was a bummer, but in the grand scheme of things it was "just a sheep tag". Not nearly as important as many, many things in life (being a die hard sheep nut, that's a huge statement for me to make).

So, I know this is going to haunt you for a long time to come. But you did your best, you held to your standards and ethics. The chips just fell the way they did. You have nothing to feel bad about.

My hats off to you, man. I feel your pain.

I cant say anything to make you feel better but I know where your at! thanks for the story. sorry you didnt get one. Gary

>I just can't think of a
>hunt tag I have drawn
>that I put so much
>effort for physical conditioning, getting
>my llama-packstring in tip-top shape,
>shooting at very steep angles
>up/down from left up/down, from
>right up/down, mental preperation, re-visiting
>my woodmanship skills, and time
>into a hunt and got
>nothing!! Stalks--yeh, great Rams, yeh,
>lots of sheep, yeh, everyday
>but 3 days of the
>hunt, wonderfull memories and photo's,
>yeh....... big deal!! No Ram!

I hear what you'r saying, but the above portion of your post also sounds like the experience wasn't wasted. Even though it may be frustrating, it sounds like a good trip. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom