Pnie Valley antelope

Shummy

Very Active Member
Anyone hunted this unit? I've never hunted goats, but I live on this unit, and I see antelope from time to time.
I don't really care about size, but thought it might be fun to hunt them. Seems like an easy draw, if I remeber right it went undersubscibed a couple of years ago. I can't remember about last year.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-05-09 AT 01:53AM (MST)[p]premier units, yes. This isn't one of those, but it's close to home.

Shum, I'm too lazy to look at the boundry description...what's the northern border for that unit?

here are the boundrys

Pine Valley
821- (pronghorn) (Archery)
850- (pronghorn) (Any Legal Weapon)
Iron and Washington counties?Boundary begins at I-15 and the Utah-Arizona state line; north on I-15 to SR-56; west on SR-56 to the Lund Highway; northwest along the Lund Highway to the Union Pacific railroad tracks at Lund; southwest on the Union Pacific railroad tracks to the Utah-Nevada state line; south on this state line to the Utah-Arizona state line; east on this state line to I-15. USGS 1:100,000 Maps: Cedar City, St. George. Boundary questions? Call the Cedar City office, (435) 865-6100.

I had a neighbor that hunted it last year, but I'm sure they hunted on private property.

I have seen them on that unit between Beryl Juntion and Beryl. They will probably be concentrated on irrigated alfalfa fields, but there is some BLM there too. If you draw, you might try talking to landowners, or to the DWR depredation technician out of the Cedar office to see if they know of any landowners complaining about antelope that might let you hunt on their place. Good luck.

Dax

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom