Poacher off Easy???

Seems he got off very easy and could be hunting next season if he pays off his citations.
“He is also not eligible to hunt in Wyoming or the other 48 states that are members of the Wildlife Violator Compact until his restitution is paid in full.”

Seems he got off very easy and could be hunting next season if he pays off his citations.
“He is also not eligible to hunt in Wyoming or the other 48 states that are members of the Wildlife Violator Compact until his restitution is paid in full.”
Also really weird they never once gave his name? Like the article was written to hide who he was?

Seriously he was making money off of illegally killing wildlife.

Yeah I though it, but thought maybe it was an employee? Just seems crazy they would not name the person found guilty. I am not sure why they would try to protect him?
I agree. It sure ignores a good reporter's who, what, when & where concept.

Looks like he can’t hunt or fish for at least 5 years no matter if he pays the fines off earlier.
Yeah I think the article is supposed to say that he is done for a minimum of 5 years and if he has not paid full restitution by the end of 5 year then he is still banned until paid.

Never understood the concept of banning a poacher from legal hunting?

Yeah I think the article is supposed to say that he is done for a minimum of 5 years and if he has not paid full restitution by the end of 5 year then he is still banned until paid.

Never understood the concept of banning a poacher from legal hunting?
Your interpretation seems to be correct.

The ban won't prevent anything, but it will result in more costly charges if caught again, such as jail time.

Never understood the hunting ban thing. He already killed several animals without a licence what makes them think not having a licence will stop him again

The way it read it seemed maybe the attorney negotiated a plea agreement, though I don’t know, possibly another source would show you are correct, it surely seems like a great deal if that’s all he gets is pay n go.
From the article link in the OP:

In addition to the $45,070 in fines and restitution, the man has had his hunting, fishing and trapping privileges suspended for a minimum of five years. He is also not eligible to hunt in Wyoming or the other 48 states that are members of the Wildlife Violator Compact until his restitution is paid in full.

From the article link in the OP:

In addition to the $45,070 in fines and restitution, the man has had his hunting, fishing and trapping privileges suspended for a minimum of five years. He is also not eligible to hunt in Wyoming or the other 48 states that are members of the Wildlife Violator Compact until his restitution is paid in full.
Ok got it.

Wonder if the jerky was any good.

Couple of issues here…

$45k seems kind of low.

Seems like the wild game was mixed in with other meat and sold as beef. All tastes like chicken?!

“He is also not eligible to hunt in Wyoming or the other 48 states” -> big deal. He doesn’t play by the rules, so this is irrelevant. He’s shown that he’s willing to hunt without a license already, so taking something away that he never valued isn’t really impactful.

Providing his name and business name would be more impactful.

If they could have hung a trespassing charge on him they could have locked him away for the next 20 years, right HFF?

I remember some jerky being sold around here called "Cowboy Jerky". It was somewhat high priced, but delicious! And tender too. Suddenly there was no more to be found. Wonder if I was eating poached jerky...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom