POACHERS

hornkiller

Long Time Member
Speak up. http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/o/50904/c/140/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=12417
hornkiller.jpg

If poaching is bad for wildlife, and now apparently by your title and the game wardens, all landowners are poachers, why is so much good hunting on private land?

Lol. Some things are so predictable post #1 was one. Tri will get the attention he craves and get this post count to 50 carry on.

The reason for any good hunting on private land is MONEY. The fees those private land owners charge to hunt their land. Some are reasonable in their prices, but it is getting that many of them are getting greedy and charge prices that only the rich can afford.

To those private landowners, the game animals are like raising a crop that is sold on the open market to the highest bidder.

RELH

>The reason for any good hunting
>on private land is MONEY.
>The fees those private land
>owners charge to hunt their
>land. Some are reasonable in
>their prices, but it is
>getting that many of them
>are getting greedy and charge
>prices that only the rich
>can afford.
>
> To those private landowners,
>the game animals are like
>raising a crop that is
>sold on the open market
>to the highest bidder.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> RELH

That'll put a smile on Tri's face!

Have to contradict here. Some ranchers are still great about access. Had one this year that let me shoot a nice whitetail on his property. All he asked was if I knew the difference between a cow and a deer. I told him I did, and he just smiled and let me hunt!

Why are people so infatuated with private land? Shooting a 400 inch bull that no-one else has access to out of an alfalfa plot isn't a trophy. Now getting a 280 incher in the Uintahs on a gen season tag is a helluva lot harder and in my opinion is a far greater trophy.

Hey BeDawg!

Most people don't have a Clue!

When booty pulled that Trophy Bull out of the Wood Work with his SmokePole,Now that's Huntin!

His Bull was quite a bit Bigger than 280",but just sayin,Ya,It Ain't Easy!

>Why are people so infatuated with
>private land? Shooting a 400
>inch bull that no-one else
>has access to out of
>an alfalfa plot isn't a
>trophy. Now getting a 280
>incher in the Uintahs on
>a gen season tag is
>a helluva lot harder and
>in my opinion is a
>far greater trophy.

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

LAST EDITED ON Feb-02-15 AT 06:09AM (MST)[p]Slow down guys. I didn't ask a question about greed and money. I asked you if poaching is bad, and according to the OP this law promotes poaching, then why is private land hunting desirable to so many hunters? If what the OP is saying is true the private lands should be a bunch of shot out holes no one would want to pay money to hunt.

Anyway you want to call it, poaching is poaching and I am against it. Just don't know enough about the poacher protection laws.

What is SF 108? A proposed law that says wardens are not allowed on private property?

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Tried looking up Wyoming SF 108 and can't find what the consequences of the new law are. Can anyone expand on what this new law would do?

I can tell you here in the Texas panhandle, a landowner can't make it on cattle alone. If they don't have hunting ground to lease, they better have an oil well on it or a second job.

I looked it up over the weekend. I could not find the consequences for breaking the law but it really didn't look like a big deal either. As best I could tell it just tells game wardens they aren't allowed to come on private property without invitation, due process, or reasonable suspicion. Basically when he doesn't have something better to do he can't just jump your fence and hope he runs into wrong doing. If I had to guess the state of Wyoming has recognized a constitutional conflict with their state game laws and are trying to avoid a federal suit which will just cost them more money than they can afford even if they win it.

I found it humorous to read the website link. Seems to me it couldn't be more destructive to their cause. If you don't like a law and want to fight it, it is rarely a smart play to demonize honest people who pay large amounts of taxes.

Well, I agree with that Tri.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

I look at it like this IF the GW can come on to your land with out a warrant or invite, He SHOULD be able to walk in your front door of your house and have a look around too just to see if you have any new stuff.
You can't have both ways.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom