Point Creep this year

Country

Just curious what you guys think will be the point jump for most units this year for the third deer season? Do you expect most units to take at least 2 more points than last year to draw, or do you think it could be more than that? Wanting to plan the draw this year, but I think it is going to be hard to predict. I would think most units will take at least 1 more point.

I think 2 would be a safe number for most units but I think it will be more in some of the units with very few tags.

If the weather keeps going the way it is you'll see more than 1 or 2 pts. Deer are pushing snow in the winter range with their chest.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

Tail,
That's not good is it wide spread or localized ?
How is the area north of grand junction ?

I'm sitting with 18 inches of snow at my place right now. One of the snowiest winters I've seen in my short lifetime. Sure hope my sleeper unit makes it through the creep!

Coloradoboy

>Tail,
>That's not good is it wide
>spread or localized ?
>How is the area north of
>grand junction ?

That's where I am talking about. The animals are having tough winter.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

yep, could be a tough draw this year for buck tags. due to the dates and snow. I think there will be a bunch of disappointed people come the end of May :(

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Doesn't sound good. Hopefully the deer were very healthy going into the winter and can all make it through all right. Sure doesn't sound good though, sounds like most units are going to take at least 2 additional points.

Because Colorado actually manages there deer herd. If there is a ton of snow and a significant winter kill, then the F&G will take that into consideration and could possibly lower the amount of tags available. Just the opposite of what happened last year when there was no winter kill and they raised the amount of tags that would be available.

I have been playing this out and honestly I do not think the creep will change a lot for the majority of units. Sure there are guys sitting around and calculating every option (I am one of them), but the vast majority of hunters in the vast majority of units and tags put in until they draw. I would suspect that units that are growing 1 point every other year for NR will do about the same. I feel some people may jump ship and try to get out of the game due to the dates, but again only for deer.

I am more worried about the snow and winter. I need to get out and see first hand what things are like, but we have gotten a lot of snow, especially for this early in the year.

Last round of snow was wet and heavy and is making a pretty hard crust...

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom