Points for Youth

H

HEMIGRIZZ

How old does a youth have to be to apply for points in Wyoming??

I thought I had read 11, as long as they are 12 to hunt. My son turns 11 this year, but would not be old enough to hunt until the 2011 season.

Chapter 44, Section 19 (v):

A person eleven (11) years of age may apply for a preference point if the person shall become twelve (12) years of age in the same calendar year as the application for a preference point is made.

The way I read that, my son's birthday is on December 14th. He could apply for a preference point the summer that he turns 11 because he will turn 12 by the end of that year.

He couldn't apply for an elk tag because there aren't any seasons that would open after he turned 12, but he could still apply and get an elk preference point that year.

Thanks guys, thats what I thought we will have to wait till next year when he will actually turn 12.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-10 AT 03:34PM (MST)[p]Yes he does not have to be 12 by the time the hunt takes place, Just before the end of the calendar year for points only.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom