points in co

just a question for you colorado guys. my dad and I have 8 nr muledeer points in co. Are the units that take 12-14 pt's really worth the wait, or should we burn our points now and start building them up again. I hate to wait too long, but I also want to have a good experience. thanks!

Eight points is plenty. You should have no problem finding a "good" hunt. You can kill a monster in most any unit. Those premium 4th season hunts are just not worth the wait. Nothing is a "gimme'" in those late season hunts or any hunt that takes alot of points. I take it you're hunting some other place while you wait? Guess it depends on what you are after in a hunt.

Moose

Every hunting season you miss is one you can not make up

Those units that take 12-14 pts now will take more than that by the time you get that many. If you wait for one of those units, you will be waiting a long time!

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I agree, if you want to hunt use them and start again. I never get my deer point total higher than 1 and have great hunts.
If you are in the situation where you really cannot hunt due to other tags or reasons keep collecting the points then.
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Hunt a unit that you like within the next year or two with your current points. Then pick a unit to start learning that you can draw ever couple years and hunt more often. That is my plan.

Just saw this thread. Sorry I didn't respond sooner.

I hope that you burned 'em. Me and a buddy spent out 9 NR points last year on GMU #21. To me...it was not worth the wait.

Again, I hope you burned 'em.

GrizlyHunter

I hope he burned his points too. I couldn't agree more with RMANWILL's advice.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom