Polaris Sportsman 500

E

Elkslyr

I've got a 2006 Polaris Sportsman 500 purchased from Triple S Polaris in West Haven, Utah it now has 550 miles on it and recently the back rim cracked at the weld. Has anyone else had this problem? I took it back to Triple S and they said they would have their warranty guy "Dave" look at it. After numerous calls "Dave" never returned my calls. I wrote an email and still no response from Polaris or Triple S. After years of owning Polaris products I've finally figured out how they got their catch phrase "The Way Out". Apparently they build a bike out of crap and give you a 6 month warranty and thats "The way out" of standing by their product, and to top it off Triple S dealership won't even work with you or return your phone calls, go figure. Triple S Polaris in my opinion has terrible customer service and I wouldn't purchase anything from them if they were the only dealership in town. I have a neighbor, friend, and father in-law that also have this same bike and have had problems keeping them running, mainly sputtering seems to be the biggest problem. Once again Triple S can't figure out whats wrong with any of these bikes, thats until "The Way Out" warranty is up. Now some good news. If you have sputtering problems the only dealership that seems to know how to fix it is in Richfield Utah. Also Big Boys Toys offered to help me out with the bad rim and have been very responsive to this problems and I DIDN'T EVEN PURCHASE THE BIKE THERE! Two thumbs up for Big Boys Toys. If you're planing on getting an ATV drive right past Triple S and re-think getting a Polaris, they have really gone to the crappers in my honest opinion. Good luck

"Keep yer powder dry n yer eye on the skyline!"

I could go on and on about the problems we had with our brand new Sportsman 400's. We couldn't keep them running worth a crud, and to make it all better, Polaris wouldn't do a thing about it. They told us first, it needed a tune up...It had less than 50 miles on it! Then they told us that we had to run it on "reserve" when going up-hill. WHAT!? They re-jetted them, re-clutched them, re-everything and they still wouldn't run. Polaris told us they couldn't do anything for us. After we had to pull one off of the mountain, we got rid of the pieces of garbage and bought 2 Kodiaks. Oh man, we have rode the crap out of the Kodiaks and they haven't skipped a beat! We love them. I would never even consider buying a Polaris again. Not only because of the product, but because of the factory support and warranty. I know some of you guys have had good luck with your Polaris', but this was my personal experience.

I have a 500 and a Hawkeye, both are great no issues! Friend has a 700 and 2-90's for the kids and zero issues, too bad you guys got the broke ones. Very frustrating, but keep on Polaris!

I have four polaris. A 1993 Express a 1995 Sportsman and 2007 sportsman 700 & 800's. I haven't had a problem with any of them. Every quad manufacturer produces a lemon every now and then. But at the dunes nothing holds a candle to my yamahas.

If they refuse to respond to you, I've found that a heartfelt note; wrapped around the handle of a ball peen hammer, gets noticed when left in their windshield....

My advice. Take your polaris to Jorgensen's in Richfield. They will fix any carbueration issues, and if they can, make it done under warranty. Also, they have another great fix for that. You can trade it in on a Honda.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom