Porting????

Buck1

I'm thinking of getting TC prohunter barrel and having it ported to reduce the recoil for my son. Can anyone tell me the best place to have it ported. Also has anyone ported one that could tell me how much it helped the recoil.

Try Mag-na-Port International they pioneered ported barrels. Fax number is 810-469-0425. I personally hate ported barrels and muzzle brakes as they do too much hearing damage. But recoil is not a big problem with me to contend with.
If you are going to do it, I would consider installing a Vais muzzle brake. It will be less hard on the ears, still should wear ear protection, then the mag-na-Porting and I feel that it reduces recoil better then the porting does.
When I use to do gunsmith work, I installed about 12-15 muzzle brakes on customer guns and found that the Vais was better in recoil reduction and noise then several other common brands that the customers requested to be installed.

RELH

Like RELH I really dont care for porting bbls. Have you tried a recoil pad? There's some good ones out there nowdays.

horsepoop.gif

LAST EDITED ON Nov-08-07 AT 10:15AM (MST)[p]I agree with the others the recoil reduction is not worth the noise. I had Barnes Bullets port my rifle. It looked good and really helped with recoil. I shot it one time out hunting without hearing protection and took it off. My ears rang for two days.

Sims Limbsaver on my Tikka. I think it is better than the pachmayer Decelerator pad I have on my ruger.

BeanMan

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom