Possible to Draw Bull Tag With 2nd Choice?

Kelco

It is possible to draw and bull elk tag with a 2nd choice or are all the tags drawn with the first choice?

No, in 2015 all first choice applicants didn't get a tag so no second choice applicants received a tag.

A few years ago you could have done that but not now.

Fact is,
It's just getting harder to draw anything across the entire west!

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Special Gen odds were 100% in 2015 for 1st choice thru 0 points, 2nd choice was a tick over 50%.

WV is looking at the draw report which is not valid for GEN licenses.

I will defer to WapitiBob on this since he has been very helpful in the past explaining how the Wyoming draw works. And, yes I was looking at the draw report.

So Bob, why aren't the published draw odds correct?

>I will defer to WapitiBob on
>this since he has been
>very helpful in the past
>explaining how the Wyoming draw
>works. And, yes I was
>looking at the draw report.
>
>
>So Bob, why aren't the published
>draw odds correct?

The published draw odds are correct. However, they don't show how many tags were issued after that to come up to the total number of 7250 bull tags that the Wyoming Statute requires to be issued to NRs. Those tags were the ones that allowed about 50% of those who had the Special General tag as their second choice to draw the tag. In past years everyone got that tag as a second choice until the word got out resulting in more and more people applying that way and dropping it from 100% to about half that.

I was recently told that WY has reduced the number of bull tags in some areas this coming year. I heard Unit 38 went from 250 to 200. No idea if this is fact just what I was told.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom