Powder

HuntinFoo

What kind of powder do yall use? I have been using 777 and like it, it isnt amazing but has always done the job. But have been hearing some good stuff about Jim Shocky's Gold. Anyone use it, is it as good as they say? Should I switch or not?

One of my rifles likes Pyrodex RS with a Hornady 410 gr bullet. The other likes Pyrodex P with a 460 gr Paper patched 500 S&W bullet. The 45 likes Pyrodex P with a Paper patched 386 gr 45-70 bullet. Ron

LAST EDITED ON Aug-20-09 AT 08:09PM (MST)[p] Depends. If I could use a 209 primer I would use BH209 most of the time. In Idaho I can use only a musket cap or percussion cap. I use T7, and Pyrodex P most of the time. If I am using T7 hunting I will put 10 grains of Black Powder down first and then the balance of the charge on top for the first shot. I've never tried Shockey's, I've seen the ballistics on it and the performance was low enough I lost interest.

I started using BH 209 and won't use any other.I use 209 shotgun primers and I get 2" groups @ 200 Also I use the Barnes 250 tez in My TC Omega z5.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom