Powders

M

Mzzl

What powder does everyone prefer? I have been using CleanShot pellets and they worked fine. But it is in short supply. Has anyone tried the new Triple 7. Also do you prefer powder or pellets?

Mzzl

777, is clean, no sulfer, and a little bit hotter than your reg, powers, can't go wrong w/ tripple 777.
there is'n as much smoke either, so your view is't obstructed as long after the shot.

I'm about to buy my first lb. of powder for my new Omega. The only stuff I can find close to my place is "KIK" (or KIC) powder. Has anyone used that and if so, is it even close to the revered 777 powder?

I started with Clearshot, and I liked it. I have since switched to 2f777, and I love the results. It is hotter and cleans up really easily. I have also found that a lot of the bullets that didn't shoot well with Clearshot, shoot really well with 777. I think it will give a person a lot more options.

Does the 777 work as well on the side lock guns as they do on the inlines? I shoot a 54 cal T/C.

I've used clean shot loose and like it, 'speically in my '58 revolver, but it works well in the smokepoles too. Normally I shoot the real stuff, that stuff lights up real well in a sidelock gun. Pyrodex is good too. Haven't tried the others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out my black powder site at:
www.angelfire.com/home/oldguns

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom