Powerbelt Aerolite Test in New Mexico

FrontierGander

Very Active Member
Dropped the hammer on this small 3x3 in norther new mexico 4 days into the hunt. The monster 5x5's we were after didn't allow us to get within 300 yards for 3 seconds before they were high tailing it away from us.

Not what i was originally wanting but i needed the meat as well as a test on how well the 250gr Powerbelt Aerolites worked out.

CVA Optima 50cal
250gr Powerbelt Aerolite
110gr Blackhorn209
cci 209 magnum primer
DSCN2324.jpg

Shot was Aprox 80 yards and impacted high shoulder ' where i was aiming'

I remembered stories of the past where " it takes longer for a high shoulder shot to start to bleed" and so i tested this as well in the process LOL.

Instant blood trail from the spot he stood.
He had an odd shaped rack on one side so that makes him special to me.
DSCN2802.jpg

DSCN2803.jpg

I have a video of us tracking him so heres just an example of what we saw.
DSCN2795.jpg

DSCN2805.jpg

DSCN2813.jpg

Crab claw on one side LOL. Hes cool i think, especially that deformed antler.

Im pretty happy with the outcome. The bullet did fragment badly, but the hole it left is something you can't complain about. I did find a small 30cal hole on the opposite side from a single fragment, as well as a fragment on the stomach liner which i will show later.

I have some video so once i put that together i will add it to the post along with more pictures.
www.FrontierMuzzleloadin.powerguild.net

Thanks for the video - at 80 - 100 yards on a little deer and with that shot placement I won't use Aerolites.

cool video. The big ones did not want to cooperate for me either i did get a 2x2. The 250 gr barnes bullet I used left an exit wound very similar to the entrance wound on your deer. I shot mine @ 200 yds pushed by 100grs of 777 out of an accura.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom