Preference point calculator

Loner

I know it was shared here for free, and is now a paid service. It was a great recourse.

Where did it go, and how much does it cost to subscribe?

Thanks.

Ryan V

It's called Hunters Trailhead and it costs $25/year. I signed up for it because I apply to a lot of states and it's easy to track of my points on there. There are a few kinks in the system. It does automatically enter your current points whenever you go check odds for a unit. However, they have a "favorites" section that is not working for me as of yet. I think he'll get that fixed soon though.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & the SFW Hate Club

Im thinking I am going to sign up. Hell I spend 25 bucks a week on nonsense I might as well spend it on something I can at least use right.

Interesting, I have entered points for all the states I apply in and it does NOT automaticaly plug them in when looking at species specific data. I wonder what gives?

Bill

Bill,

Choose a species, select your residency and click the "Find a Hunt" button. Your point level will be highlighted on the next screen that comes up. The point box remains available for those that choose not to use the point portfolio system but your points will not automatically appear in that box.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

Thanks to everyone that has joined and good luck in the drawings. Get your apps in!!! Only 3 days left for Wyoming elk.

Jon
www.HuntersTrailhead.com

Ok, I see that it is in fact working.

The confusing thing for me is that the box on the screen shot I've attached is always blank. This led me to beleive I had to always enter my points before clicking "find a hunt".

Now that I've tried it by leaving it blank, I see that it works.

As a suggestion maybe update that field after you've selected a species so it pulls your already inputed point totals.

Thx
Bill

7937capture.jpg

Bill,

Try saving one of your hunts in favorites and see if it works for you. Mine don't work.

Zim,

Could you please tell me what is not working with your favorites? I checked your profile and you do have several Wyoming hunts saved in there. Hopefully you figured it out, but please let me know if you are still having problems.

Thanks,

Jon
www.HuntersTrailhead.com

LAST EDITED ON Jan-28-13 AT 10:43PM (MST)[p]Jon,

Go figure, it just started working for me.

Previously, whenever I saved a hunt to my favorites, then returned later and clicked "view", it would just go to the "home/draw odds page". I'd have to click on a state and enter the unit I wanted. But I just tried it now and it is working again.

Another weird thing is the success rate charts. For my unit 38 hunt it says 7% for 2009, but no way that is correct. That should be around 30%.

Zim,

I am glad that the Favorites system is now working for you. I did check the system regarding the low success rate in 2009 for unit 38. You are correct. The calculation was messed up but has now been corrected. Thanks for the heads up.

Jon
www.HuntersTrailhead.com

I paid for a membership and am happy to have the odds feature again.
Have not even tried the other features yet.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom