preference point issues

Hunting_Oregon

I work with a guy who claims he applies northside elk every year and has not drawn it in the past nine years. And I see it is guaranteed with 4 points. Naturally I said he is full of it but he swears by it. So my question to you guys is have you ever heard of or had this type problem yourself. Personally he is the second person I have heard complain along the lines. I have never Had any problems with the point system.

Thoughts?

"Life's tough... It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

>I work with a guy who
>claims he applies northside elk
>every year and has not
>drawn it in the past
>nine years. And I see
>it is guaranteed with 4
>points. Naturally I said he
>is full of it but
>he swears by it. So
>my question to you guys
>is have you ever heard
>of or had this type
>problem yourself. Personally he is
>the second person I have
>heard complain along the lines.
>I have never Had any
>problems with the point system.
>
>
>Thoughts?
>
>
>"Life's tough... It's even tougher if
>you're stupid."
>- John Wayne

I know many guys like this. They are hibitual liars. They can't help it and they do so just to make friends. Call ODFW and tell them his name, tell them he is a close friend and you are curious what is going on. They will give you his application history. Chanves are good that he has a gap in his application history.

i have heard many people saying this same thing,
almost every one who says this has no clue how the point system works.
if i am not mistaken you used loose all your points if you skipped 2 years of applying. in my opinion this is how i think most of the guys get to "20 years strait with out a antelope tag"

I am pretty sure you can call ODFW and get application history. Your friend would have to do it. Doesnt smell right however. JMHO JB in the real OC

It really is amzing how few people understand how the system works. They are either doing something wrong or forgot to apply or.... etc.

The system works. If you really had gotten shafted that much, you would thinkg you would know enough about how the system works to look into it and figure out why you didn't draw.

Maybe he has a dosen friends with zero points that put in with him as a party every year.

i know a few like that myself.start off with explaining how the system works, then offer to call the odfw # right there with your cell phone to check his points, cause he should have 9, usually you'll start getting some different comments about how now he's just "pretty sure" or "almost posative"
either way = it's not possible

You work with the guy. Have him go to the ODFW website. Go to the preference point link, type in his personal info, such as hunter ID number, and it will give all his points that he has accumulated!

I have never heard of anyone getting screwed that trully knows the system... i've heard of plenty of ignorant dudes crying fowl. Tell ur buddy to buddy to buy an oregon tag guide and read it thuroughly. He'll change his tune.

I know a guy who through some mistake he made (name or social I think) had two sets of points going that split them reducing his chance to draw but he called and straightened it out.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

Back
Top Bottom