Preference points

shootem

In the draw do you have to enter the preference point option for this year to have your previous points be entered in the draw or does it autimatically go to the random draw if you dont select the preference point draw?

It is one draw, the points are considered first meaning that the alloted tags go to the applicants with the most points then all remaining apps go for the random draw.

Rich

Are you asking if you can be in the draw with zero points, even if you have points? I could definitely see why one would want to do that in some cases where you could draw with 0 points, but couldn't draw as a 2nd choice. I am pretty sure you will have to use all of your points to draw your first choice.

I have 2 points and when i applied today i chose not to purchase the preference point option for the additional 30 bucks so my question is since i didnt choose the preference point option if my 2 points will still be considered in the draw or if the only way they would is if i had entered the preference point option. Hopefully that makes sense.

Your 2 points will be considered for this years draw. The 30 bucks option is only for a point to be used next year if you don't draw this year.

If you don't draw this year you can still buy another point for 30 bucks starting in July.

If you had sent in the 30 bucks and drew this year, they would have refunded your 30 bucks. That happened to me one year.

I hope that helps.

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

That helps alot. Thanks for all the help to understand how the draw works. Good luck to all in the draws this year!

BUT if you buy no points this year and don't next year you lose all your points IIRC or it has not changed . They let you ride ONE year without buying point but you must buy a point the next year or lose them all.

Pat C.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom