Premium Wasatch elk tag

rmanwill

Long Time Member
Anyone know who turned in a Wasatch Premium elk tag and what the situation was??? Just found out an individual recieved a turned in tag for this hunt.

Just wondering if the person hunted the first part of the archery hunt and did not see what he wanted and turned this tag in or if there was some emergency situation.

Great tag to have, but at the last minute sure up's the pressure with no prior scouting.

Just interested if anyone had any knowledge.

I didn't think tags could be returned if any part of the season had started. (premium includes archery) What's up with that?

Maybe they can turn it in but would still lose bonus points????

Zeke

Must have been pretty serious, I am pretty sure you don't get your points back once the hunt has started. Too bad for the returnee, but good luck to the alternate.

I just found out about this tag last night and asked the same question. My freind was not sure. I will try to find out if it was before the archery hunt or after it opened, but he believed it was recent.

That was my though Zeke. That is why I was asking if anyone know of someone turning one in. I do personally know of one hunter that hunted the first half of a limited entry deer unit and prior to the close of the season recieved a doctors note stating he required shoulder surgery and could not finish the hunt. I'm sure he did loss his money, but not sure on the points. He was allowed/had enough points to re-draw the same tag the following year.

Limited entry Wasatch tag would be a hard tag to turn down even with the hunts upon you!!! However, I have 19 points and would turn it down, due to really wishing to take full advantage of scouting for months prior to this type of a hunt and making it all I could make it(once in a life time tag- with my draw odds).

How many premium tags for Wasatch??? A friend of mine's brother drew it. I'll see what she knows.

Traditional >>>------->

You will get your points back and I think your money if its a medical reason with Dr. note and DWR approval up until the last day of the season as long as you haven't hunted.

It was turned in by a older guy from Kamas that had a medical problem. He picked up something heavy and hurt his lower back end region.

Met an older gentleman on Thursday who claimed to have turned in this tag, he had suffered a heart attack and had stints in his arm. He had waited his whole life for this hunt and now may never get to go.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom