Pretty Coues Buck "photo"

S

sniper

Here's a picture of a buck my buddy killed this past December. A real pretty buck with the typical "Coues" features. If anyone would like to read the story on this buck, just e-mail me and I'll send it to you.

Scott

Russ%201b.jpg

Good buck Sniper,

We just had a good rain here today, so maybe they will open the forest soon.

You Morenci guys are killing me with all the great bucks you guys seem to drag out of the hills!!! Send me the story if you could
[email protected]
Thanks
Bret M.

This buck scores over 100 is my guess, somewhere around 106 gross??????? Allen Taylor......

I'll have to check with Russell on the score. I'm not sure he scored it.

10 days and counting and then this Morenci boy is headed into the wilderness in search of them big beamed nontypicals that run in this country.

Scott

Generally, I hear them dudes from Morenci don't put a tape to a deer's rack unless they go over 120 gross or so! Bwaahaahahahaha! Leave the nontypicals alone, look for clean three pointers with eyegaurds, they score better;-)! Good luck,
Bret M.

Maybe Morenci is actually part of "Texas" where everything is supposedly bigger>>>>>> Kill a monster Scott......... Allen......

Yes, Ed I do work at the mine and I know Jim and Alberta Allsup pretty well. We've talked "cows" on a few occaisions. His wife Alberta used to work for me.

How do you know Jim?

Scott

Wow what a nice buck!

I bet I know the secret spot you got him.......on the side of that one hill next to the oak and yellow grass, right?

I have taken a few there too..

Hush Greg!! Don't spoil the hotspot. For some reason that oak is a real magnet to big Coues bucks. I will tell you this:

I saw a bigger one in there several days after this one was killed that would gross around 110. It even had a droptine!! He should be bigger this year.

Scott

hey sniper thats a great buck, I have that unit this year, I got a nice 105 point buck out of there 3 years ago, you work at the mine? you probably know charles wood, he recently hired on out here where I work, luck on your hunts...blade

Blade, that name doesn't ring a bell but we have over 2,000 employees here and I don't know them all. Post a photo of your buck or email it to me. I would love to see it. Good luck on your hunt and kill another bruiser.

Scott

Sniper-

is there another "Elmacho"?

My Name is Mark. Let me know, maybe I'll change my handle....

Nice buck in that photo.

I ended up with a Nov buck this year near 90". Haven't scored it yet. Will hold out for 100" when I get the Dec tag.

Good luck this Dec. Hope to see some photos..

Mark, sorry about that your profile shows Greg Franco.

Congratulations on your buck! I'm getting ready to order another case of MRE's for the packtrips and located a trailhead I'll be using yesterday. There's some snow here also, so it may get real interesting.

Scott

Sniper: I hope it keeps snowing a bit and you have animals running around rutting all day. I hope you get one over 110..... Allen......

That's my goal, Allen. We'll see what transpires over the next few weeks. By the way this buck in the picture gross scored 98 inches.

Scott

Greg is my brother-

I think I screwed somthin up when I was getting set up here on MM. I'm better in the woods than on this machine...

Snow......yeah.....you are going to have fun.

I can't imagine what your feeling. I just finished a couple weeks ago and it feels like next season will be an eternity.

Good luck

Sniper: I wish I could come glass for you or whatever, but I will be up on a family vacation thing in Greer. I will be up the 12th through the 15th and if you or PW send me a note about where you will be, maybe I can sneak away without the wife leaving me and at least help or something for a day, just let me know...... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

Allen, I gave directions to Scott. Come on down. It's about 2 hours from Greer.

Scott

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom