Priest River, Idaho

ditchparrot

Hey OwnMoreBone and overton! How was your Priest River hunt? I haven't seen pictures so I am guessing it was like mine. It sounds like you went home without filling your tag? I spent a week up there, passed a few small bucks but could not find the big buck I was looking for. Passed one mature Mule deer but was still hoping for a bigger buck. Let me know how you guys did.

ditchparrot,
We had a great hunt even though we did not harvest a deer. We seen a few good bucks but never had the chance to drop a cap on any of them. One thing we did do is learn the area so we know how to hunt it when we go back.
Reed

I won't be going back next year. It's just too far, I'm trying Montana instead.
I went out for a drive in my truck a couple nights (without a gun or spotlight) and just drove the roads. I saw the mature bucks I was looking for, they would just hide up in the forest before light and good luck trying to shoot through those trees. So the mornings were the most productive for us, even though they were rutting and moving most all day long.
We filled one of our three tags. We were hunting just North of Priest River a couple miles. It was alot of fun and I learned alot, but just not worth the 15 hour drive.

Spent time around coolin and while I learned a bit I would really like to get more info on the area as I will go back.
I also hunted west of there and Spotted moose for a guy I ran into with a tag .The bucks were on the move at night mostly and the woods were very quiet during the day .Snow might have helped some at least with travel routes being used .Tough Hunt

Sorry to say that no one was fortunate enough to get the job done .All the usual excuses .What kind of action did you get into ???

We didn't harvest any whiteys either but we had a great hunt anyway. This was the first year that we hunted this area and we learned quite a bit about the unit. I am going to go back and with what we learned this year I think we can do very well.
Reed

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom