Primos elk calls

HuntinFoo

I am looking at getting one of primos calls, but wanted some opinions, I cant decide between the Bull horn elk call, super pack bugle and the terminator. I like the fact the first two are expandable so they are easier to pack, but am still considering the terminator. Which one souns better, works better, and is easiest to master. If you know any good or bad points to any of these you opinion would be appreciated.

if it was me I would master the cow calls first and forget the bugle most of the time bugling just pushes the big bulls away but if you are set on a bugle then the terminator makes great sounds but it may be to good to intimidating to alot of bulls. I use the power bugle but I only bugle to locate bulls a good cow call will do the same thing but it is hard to cow call long distance good luck

I like the terminator. You can sound big or small with it plus you can pop the mouth piece off and cow call with it. Get their hyper lip single with the resignator cow call, real easy to use and sounds great. I have called in a big bull with a Primos Hootchie mama,a couple squeezes and he came in screaming. Primos has come out with a new bugle recently with a baffle on it, can't remember the name of it.

you said it, Baffle bugle.

What matters most is your CONFIDENCE with it. I started out with the pack bugle and have called in every bull I ever had come in with it. I have 4 other bugles, most recently the baffle bugle but with my history I'll just go back to my pack bugle. all of those others make just as good of sounds or better but I am confident with the pack so that's what I'm successful with.

as for cow calls I use 3 - 4, hyper lip single & double, another from primos and then another screey??? call. I treat it as fishing, just never know which bait they are going to take that day.
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

I really like their Sonic Dome model mouth calls. By far the easiest to use and best sounding I've found. As for bugles, I actually like the pack bugle because it sounds like an easy to beat up young bull.

The terminator or any other bugle is a suiside call where I hunt. Every time I let one rip I start getting stalked by Utards.

I get the opposite reaction from the elk. go figure!

Archery is a year round commitment!!

I have used the mouth calls for years, and like them for cow calls, but feel I am only average when I bugle with them. That is why I want to try something new for bugleing. Has anyone tried the new super pack, I am leaning towards it right now.

I have used the Primos mouth calls for yearsand had great results. I have found that I can usually make any sound that a bull or cow can make with one. If you hace trouble blowing them then they have the Hoochie Mama, And the knew Baby Hoochie wich are both bello-type calls that you push with your thumbs. dont forget the Lead Cow, and Hyper Hot calls as well. As previously stated I have had better success with the cow calls
Lambo

Not to steer you away from Primos, they make great calls.
But, the most realistic sounding bugle made in my opinion ofcourse is the Bugle from Mossback Game Calls. The only down fall is that it doesnt compact in size, other than that its a great choice as well.

Thanks for all the replies so far, I dont think I will buy anything for a few weeks so if anyone else has any advice it would be considered.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom