pro-hunting or Anti-hunting?

outdoorsdude

How can a person claim to be for hunting if they then limit the ability for a novice to borrow a firearm and try the sport?

1657918724942.png

As a State we need to do better, MUCH BETTER!

How can a person claim to be for hunting if they then limit the ability for a novice to borrow a firearm and try the sport?

View attachment 81206

As a State we need to do better, MUCH BETTER!
I'm not saying I am for the legislation, but how is it limiting the ability of a novice to purchase a firearm? Just doing a further background check on anyone under 21. If you wait till 3 days before your hunt to purchase a gun, who does that? Maybe I misread the act, but I did not see where it would limit anyone from purchasing a gun, except mentally ill.

AGAIN, I do not agree with most of this bill, just asking a question.

I'm not saying I am for the legislation, but how is it limiting the ability of a novice to purchase a firearm? Just doing a further background check on anyone under 21. If you wait till 3 days before your hunt to purchase a gun, who does that? Maybe I misread the act, but I did not see where it would limit anyone from purchasing a gun, except mentally ill.

AGAIN, I do not agree with most of this bill, just asking a question.

Doing a further background check on someone under 21 is discriminatory and assuming more "guilt" than someone over 21 that has been at it longer to do dumb or bad stuff.

Doing a further background check on someone under 21 is discriminatory and assuming more "guilt" than someone over 21 that has been at it longer to do dumb or bad stuff.
I agree with what you said fully. But, I'm not understanding how it will limit a novice from borrowing a firearm to try the sport. Everything I have read states on gun purchases, not to lend to them.

AGAIN, I'm just putting this out there, I do not agree with this bill. Just clarifying.

I agree with what you said fully. But, I'm not understanding how it will limit a novice from borrowing a firearm to try the sport.

It doesn't limit the novice, it limits the owner of what they may or may not do with their property. Especially when they are not under the same obligations and statutes that an FFL holder is.

Mossback this might answer your question
I get that. I just didn't have time to read the bill. I usually like to read them before passing judgement. This bill has some good things, but a lot of bad also. I have had a busy few weeks at work, and did not have chance to read it.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom