Project Yukon Sportsmans Channnel

born_2_hunt

Is there anyone but me that thinks that this show is the WORST produced hunting show in the history of hunting shows?

Lots of whining and no hunting!

I get that they are showing what a real hunting expedition is like BUT stretching it out to 4 or 5 weeks, come on!

I somehow cant quit watching yet week after week they get nothing accomplished! I guess this is what they want...

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

LOL, i keep watching and thinking how in the he!! they can go 27 days and not kill a moose or caribou. i tape them and fast forward HOPING they get something, waste of time so far, plenty of whining and excuses.

Yeah I agree, they basically sit in front of the camera (talking about how impossible something will be) the whole entire episode. "We can't go over here because it's too foggy, We don't have time to put on a stalk to make it over there, it's impossible to etc, etc. I also think they edit out the guides to make it look like they are the real deal when you know dang well the guides are carrying these midwesterners through this hunt.

Agreed. I fast forward until I see a picture other than the close-up of their face then watch the hiking/glassing scenes. It looks like a few moose down next week.

I'm thinking Sportsman's Channel put all their eggs in one basket and they spent 30 days with nothing around. We've all had hunts with no animals and poor weather (I hunted 8 days in Alaska without seeing an animal except while in the air), but Sportsman's Channel committed to running the program before they knew there was nothing to film. So this is what we get.

Grizzly

PS. Tristate, please be an adult and respect my wishes that you do not respond to any of my posts. I, in turn, will do you the courtesy of not responding to any of yours. I simply do not wish to converse with you.

Seems to me like even last year they were afraid to leave camp. Not quite sure how to hunt the "west". pretty much torture to watch. Maybe cut the episodes to 1/2 hour and film the actual hunt and not the drama/excuses. Pretty col concept for a show just not getting it done though.

AMEN.....I thought it was just me being a hard "A" thinking these guys need to get their butts outta bed before 10....put their big boy pants on and hunt. All these excuses ....it looks like a storm is coming....better stay in camp...oh I'm cold and wet...I've got a cold..bla bla bla. I love how they are always posting elevations as well. We're at 4300'. Hope we don't get snowed in. Things are looking bad.. I'm with some of you others that for some reason have to keep watching, but I'd give anything to be placed in there for a month. I know mentally a hunt can get to a guy, but these guys have a full camera crew, each other, and are in some of the most game plentiful country in the world. It's not like they are all alone, hunting the south slope looking for a 200" deer. :)

Here they are in the Yukon and they are supossedly expert wilderness survivalists hunting moose, caribou and sheep.
Oh but wait a minute, it is illegal for nonresident aliens to hunt in Canada for these animals without a guide!

Every once in a while the camera catches a glimpse of the guide wiping their asses on what is portrayed as a DIY ,on your own "dropped in the wilderness" type of deal.

Phony baloney.....

My wife overheard from the kitchen as I was watching. She says, "Waaaah, waaaah. Somebody call the waaahmbulance already."

I love the hours spent glassing after leaving camp at 8AM, and picking leaves from stems and setting yourself on fire.

Little different than waiting for a pet whitetail to come into your food plot in MI, ain't it boys?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-07-13 AT 12:40PM (MST)[p]from what i understand they are living off the land, so you would think they would be wasting away from hunger. also looks like they have plenty of copenhagen, always got a chew in. sad excuse for a hunting show, but i do like the scenery shots, just to to few of them, lots of face time and whining.

i have never been to the yukon, so those who have fil me in, can you imagine going 30 days without tagging a moose or Boo?

i have been to alaska and in 12 days of TRUE DIY i brought back a 65 inch moose (book) and 2 caribou (1 book and 3 yr book) i came back 12 pounds lighter....those guys have gained a few

give me 30 days in the yukon or alaska and you better send in a herd of mules to pack me and my trophys out.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom