Prostate biopsy

Gunnihunter

Have many of you guys ever had a prostate biopsy? I’m sure there are several. I had my second today. It must be done, a person has to endure it, but, my Lord, what a miserable experience. I had a cancer operation where I was supposed to be in the hospital for 3 to 5 days; I was there 45 days. During that experience, I had a feeding tube inserted and they missed my stomach. They fed me for days until they figured it out, opened me like a fish to clean me out. I had a pulmonary embolism that was scary and other medical hospitalizations that were not fun. I’m thankful to be here. The Lord has looked over me. Since I’ve written this, and thought about it, I can’t complain. Although I don’t want anymore, I’m thankful to be here. Many of you have had much worse. If you want to share, I would like to hear it.

I had a prostate biopsy about 3 years ago, didn't feel a thing, but it did turn out to be cancer. I had 2 clients who ran the Beverly Hills Center for Radiation Therapy. They treated me great 5 days a week for 6 weeks. Only bad part was the Brachytherapy at the end!!! You sure had it rough!

I had a prostate biopsy about 3 years ago, didn't feel a thing, but it did turn out to be cancer. I had 2 clients who ran the Beverly Hills Center for Radiation Therapy. They treated me great 5 days a week for 6 weeks. Only bad part was the Brachytherapy at the end!!! You sure had it rough!
That sounds like my first bout. I’ll have to look up Brachytherapy. I don’t think I had that. As far as not feeling it, I can’t imagine. I hope you are doing well.

Prostate biopsy about 4 months ago, not fun but revealed cancer cells. Dr gave me different options, I choose the cut it out quick option. So happy to not be worried about if chemo / radiation is working . It's been 8 weeks since the surgery and PSA tested Zero ( hallelujah) and wife and I just got back tonight from scouting in AZ. Playing golf and doing great . Leak a little sometimes but no diaper required. No mater what happens moving forward, this i know..I'm Blessed by the best. Jehova Rapha.

Last edited:
Prostrate biopsy a year ago, revealed cancer. Had a procedure done in February called the “Tulsa” procedure where they do a real-time MRI and the Urologist draws a line around the cancer and a machine stays inside the line and microwaves all the cancer. Was pronounced cancer free in May. Takes 3-6 months to heal. Not fun but better than cancer.

Yeah positive for prostate cancer 6 years ago. Had the same procedure with the machine at Huntsman (SLC).

Compared to a biopsy, the colonoscopy is peanuts.

But compared to cancer and prostatectomy, the biopsy is a piece of cake.

I could have opted for chemo instead, but the Dr at Huntsman talked me into prostatectomy. He was pretty persuasive.

Cancer free 6 years!

Have many of you guys ever had a prostate biopsy? I’m sure there are several. I had my second today. It must be done, a person has to endure it, but, my Lord, what a miserable experience. I had a cancer operation where I was supposed to be in the hospital for 3 to 5 days; I was there 45 days. During that experience, I had a feeding tube inserted and they missed my stomach. They fed me for days until they figured it out, opened me like a fish to clean me out. I had a pulmonary embolism that was scary and other medical hospitalizations that were not fun. I’m thankful to be here. The Lord has looked over me. Since I’ve written this, and thought about it, I can’t complain. Although I don’t want anymore, I’m thankful to be here. Many of you have had much worse. If you want to share, I would like to hear it.
There is a new MRI that my urologist set up for me. I’m scheduled next month on the 17th. it’s supposed to replace the conventional biopsy. I’ll pm you some info on it.

I had two biopsies. Not the most fun experiences. First was negative but the second was positive. I had prostate removal surgery in January 2021. Being in the middle of the covid mess sure didn’t make it easier. So far everything’s going well afterwards. I sincerely pray everything goes well for you.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom