Proud day for dad!:)

AWHOLELOTTABULL

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Aug-02-11 AT 09:37PM (MST)[p]My wife and I went as adult chaperones for a girls camp this past week. There were 38 girls total and my Meagan was one of them. There were ground squirrels everywhere and Meagan decided to set the old box trap with a stick and string. She caught several over the 3 days we were there but one of the advisors was getting offended with the talk of killing one and eating it. Meagan was nicer than I would have been so she let them all live. I had to go to town and get some supplies and on my way back I ran over the head of a big squirrel so I stopped and picked it up. I took it back to camp and told Meagan to look in the back of the truck, I had a suprise for here. Next thing I know she has it skinned and is building a rotisserie (SP?) over the fire. She cooked that thing and she and several other girls ate it. I couldn't believe the skinning job she did. Not one slice on the body. Proud day for dad!

3592img00060-20110729-1413.jpg

It's always an adventure!!!

I understand the pride...it's deserved!! (I think you nailed the spelling.)

Within the shadows, go quietly.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-02-11 AT 10:29PM (MST)[p]That's funny. Is her name Fiona?

Thats awesome !! I have a few young men that would appreciate those skills. We wouldn't use a knife to skin one we would just get it started and peal it off.
My mother killed a rattle snake at girls camp one year. She also cooked it for the girls.
They need to learn where their food comes from .
Did you find a range ?

That story has me grin'n from ear to ear!

My wife is up doing the same thing with a camp full of girls right now. Now the Mrs. is tough enough to go through with it, but I can guaran'damn'tee there aint gonna be no squirell eat'n with the crowd she's hang'n with!

Tell lil Meg, she's all right in my book!

My kinda Girl!

If I was younger AWLB we just might a been related!:D

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Jim
You had to spend some time at girls camp with a no account houndawger? He sent me a pic of these squirell murderers :)

I thought PotGuts were not suitable for consumption... what with them being all cannibalistic and whatnot...?? I thought they were like diseased or something...??

Cool post thoough... Thanks for sharing...!!

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Your pride is justified!
My girls have all been involved in field dressing, skinning ans butchering from the time they could walk. It's good for them to know where food comes from.

I must say I've never eaten a squirrel. My brother ate a rock chuck and said it was not so good though.

Zeke

Hey Quest, are you finally getting a good post count? lol

That is awesome!

I have had squirrel before, it is best if you mix it with gravy and put it over mashed potatoes. It does taste like chicken

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-03-11 AT 03:08PM (MST)[p]You should be proud!

Talking about eating squirrel, had some for supper last night.
Cooked slow in a crock pot then taken out and browned in a cast iron skillet set the meat aside made gravy and mashed potatoes along with some green beans, now you talk about lip smacking good. I think that it taste like squirrel.:)

Tell HoundDawgy to Chime his Azz in!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Sweet, pride well deserved!!! Way to bring them up and get them involved in the outdoors and hunting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom