Ptarmigan Hunt

gdog

Few pics from our recent Ptarmigan hunt. Didn't get into any birds, but still had a great time. Each year that 55lb pack gets heavier and heavier to carry in the +10 miles.

358877957_Gfp6a-X2.jpg

358936911_b5u7m-L.jpg

358894809_p2tBU-L.jpg

358896238_VgbP9-L.jpg

Beautiful. Where were you at? I always loved those brookies whose head made up a third of their body.

Thanks,

Bean

There we go, now thats my kind of county!

That panaroma and the 1st brookie shot are simply awsome!

So glad I opended this thread this morning. Makes my day.

I've been up in the country ALOT and have never run into Ptarmigan. Have you killed them in the past?

Looking at photo #2 I'm going to guess location at.....PMed you my guess.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-08 AT 08:10AM (MST)[p]Thanks guys!

We were in Utah on the South Slope. Each year we pick a different area to go after Ptarmigan. We try and stay away from the "know" areas and find new pockets of birds on our own. Basically look at topo's and find area's we think could hold birds. Most years with a ton of boot leather we find them and take a few home. This year we didn't run into any or sign of any. We left a day early due to weather, so we weren't on the mnt as long this time around.

Pics came out OK with my wifes pocket Olympus.

358952092_u7VYJ-XL.jpg

Very Cool Pics, thanks for sharing.

By the way while you were up there did you see any other wildlife, or hear any other wildlife making noise?????

Jeff

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-08 AT 11:53AM (MST)[p]Rather surprised at the lack of wildlife to be honest. We did pass some mnts goats on the way in. You know your up there when the goats are lower then you are. Saw two moose (cow & calf) and two deer (does).

It was pretty warm during the day and the elk were not talking at all.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom