Public land DIY unit suggestions

MITROLL

What units in Montana offer good #'s of mule deer and elk combined. This would be a DIY public land hunt. Not sure if I want to apply for the elk/deer combo or just the deer combo. Elk may be over my head since I am a non resident. Any help in a starting point or unit suggestions would be great. Thanks MITROLL.

Lots of public land in all of Western Montana. Central Montana has a lot of private property and that's where big bucks and bulls are coming from. Good numbers for deer all over. Start with the Missoula area. Plan on hiking and glassing a lot. Apply for 270. Big bucks around if you can draw the tag. Don't apply for either or, apply for both.

Thank You very much. Its nice to have a starting point and suggestions from someone who's been there, etc. Thanks again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom