Public lands

LAST EDITED ON Dec-29-10 AT 02:25PM (MST)[p]Here is one. It isn't a unit by unit map but breaks the state into quadrants. http://plicmapcenter.org/WY/

If you click on "Get PDF of index map" and then enlarge the PDF image, it will give you a pretty good idea of the general public/private lands. Not very detailed though.

Also check mytopo.com They do have printed maps for most if not all Wyoming hunting units for deer, elk, antelope and so on. You can click on the map when it displays and see how much is public versus private - again its a little small but it gives you an idea of the blm lands. Or just order the map once you decide on a location, they are nice maps.

+1 for mytopo. If you know the approximate area where you'll be hunting you can make a custom map in a variety of size ratios. They have recently added a land ownership feature that highlights the different ownership. Check it out. HAPPY NEW YEAR. Chip

I use huntinggpsmaps.com in Garmin's basecamp and on my Garmin gps. You gotta fork out the money and get the download, not the card. It shows current blm, forest, private, state, etc. With the download version they will send you free updates with any land ownership changes as they update their system. This map on your gps gives you all kinds of confidence when in the field too. I know exactly where I am. Many law enforcement officers are using it or someting similar when resolving trespasing issues.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom