herds, Why keep attending the meetings when
they do not listen to the hunters, all they
listen to is $$$$$$$!

When you are at the meeting, wait till the
game and fish start complaining about the
loss in revenue, then stand up and ask
what brings money into the state G&F!

I hope you know the answer!!!!

What is the date of the Boise meetings? I would like to go if I can make it happen.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-24-10 AT 10:19AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-24-10 AT 09:27?AM (MST)

I will be attending a meeting this week. Also, they usually have an online comment prior to the March regulation meetings.

Huntingbigbulls, I ain't going to start a pissing match, but all in all the F&G does listen to the hunters, possibly too much if you ask me. Face it, your just not in the majority (I assume by your responce) It is clear to me that many ID hunters want a situation that is not attainable. We are never willing to give up "opportunity" in favor of "Quality" (OTC tags, Gun Hunting, Concurrent Elk AND deer hunting, late season Rut Hunts and on and on) We as a group are just not willing to sacrafice anything and we repeatidly tell F&G so. Just look at all the responces to those surveys.

For the record, I am not sure that is a bad thing either. It is pretty easy to "covet" the quality that Utah elk hunting has, but man oh man at what cost. You have to be blind to not see the crap storm brewing over on the SFW posts.... All I can say is that kind of stuff scares the heck out me. I seems to me that Utah hunting has sold its soul and now they are paying for it.....

The way the F&G budget is set causes me some unease. I believe that if that could be changed it would be easier to have faith in F&G doing what is best for the Game and the Hunters. As it in now, with the F&G Budget coming from Tag revenue, it kind casts a cloud over many of their decisions. Including the way the questions are worded on those surveys.

I realize that you did not actually say one way or the other on any of that stuff, so I am not try to put words on your keyboard, but not attending a meeting or providing feedback is clearly a poor choice. I think that attitude makes if much esaier for a group like SFW or somebody else like a rouge F&G cmmisioner to come in and hi-jack Idaho hunting.

More indiscrimiant youth hunts in areas that don't need that much pressure! The fish & game must not want any deer in the upper snake! Good God total BS! Deer numbers in the tank and opportunity goes up! I guess I'll go ONE MORE TIME, but this time I'll take a helmet, don't know how much more my head can take!

My question is when are people going to
realize that there is too much presure,
and to many hunters in the field?

My answer is when it is too late, which
without limiting tags now, deer are on
there last leg!

Complain about SFW all you want, they have
done alot of good for Utah, Idaho game and
fish has done nothing, zero, zilch to improve
the deer herds!!!!!

When you decide that your deer hunt is more
of a camping trip because there are very few
deer, Then we will see what you think about
opertunity compared to quality. It is not
a quality thing to me, I want to see numbers,
and with numbers come More mature bucks for
everyone!!!!

fair enough, but you ought to at least go to a meeting and ask the F&G that. Put the screws to them. I would have some of their own harvest stats, hunter day, hunter numbers and winter count numbers to go along with it.

You can count on them hearing from me.

Why not just do your part and not hunt for five years or so?

Why does every damn thing have to be "regulated"?

I do not go to the meetings, because I am
a non-resident, and they don't care what we
think, they just want our$$$$!

I have friends that go to the meetings
and voise there opinions which are the same
as mine, and it falls on deaf ears!

I take every survey they put out, what changes
have came from those?

I have done my part, I have not hunted big game
in Idaho for 8 years, Why should I or other
non-residents, Highest price in the country,
with the lowest deer numbers around!

Biologist blow smoke up our as#@$, they guess
on there counts, I have heard it strait from
there mouths. In 1995 I thought you could
not get any lower deer numbers than what
there was that year, but guess what! they
are worse now than then, they have screwed up
good controlled units, and in doing so put
more pressure on reliable general units.

So anyone that thinks the deer herds are ok,
never got to see what Idaho was like even in
the late 80s when I hunted for the first time!

Oh, I'm aware of the prevailing attitude towards hunting in general in Idaho.........The negative $hit can be read daily on this site and others. All I'll tell you is if you've written this state off, you're missing out on some great opportunity Idaho still has. Yes we've got our share of problems. But good hunting can still be had here point blank.

Take a gander on some of the idaho bucks posted on this site alone from this past season. Several from general units. They don't grow any bigger than those anywhere else.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-24-10 AT 07:10PM (MST)[p]I'd like to see how much money Don Peay and SFW actually get on the ground in Utah. Looks like some of the guys down there are asking for it, maybe they'll get it!! I'd also like to see what gets put on the ground in Idaho, I'd almost be willing to bet there is no comparison. By the way, last muley I killed in Idaho was 1992!!!
Looks to me like most of the bucks posted needed a couple more years of growing.

Those are some great posts again gemstatejake! IDFG is doing a great job managing the herds! Ya, good luck convincing anyone who has hunted or just payed attention to the state of big game in Idaho of that.
Idaho will always produce some great bucks because there are great genetics and habitat all around the state. That's part of the reason so many folks are pissed off at the declining overall #'s, even in areas not effected by wolves. Somethings have to change and hopefully they do before it gets even worse.

>Those are some great posts again
>gemstatejake! IDFG is doing a
>great job managing the herds!
>Ya, good luck convincing anyone
>who has hunted or just
>payed attention to the state
>of big game in Idaho
>of that.
>Idaho will always produce some great
>bucks because there are great
>genetics and habitat all around
>the state. That's part of
>the reason so many folks
>are pissed off at the
>declining overall #'s, even in
>areas not effected by wolves.
>Somethings have to change and
>hopefully they do before it
>gets even worse.

You show me where I said IDFG is doing a great job. Don't put words in my mouth. I'd like to see some changes for sure but believe it or not, IDFG cant control everything. Herds will boom and bust regardless........
You and the rest of the MM chat hole bio's and go right ahead and ##### till you feel all better. Meanwhile I got some hunting to do.........Thankfully I live in Idaho and have the privilege to do just that every fall.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom