Punks Pulling The Plug

slamdunk

LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-14 AT 08:41PM (MST)[p]Well all the guide haters can relax now and quit hating on me, after 20 years of doing It, I'm officially retired. It was a hell of a run and I've had more than my share of exciting trophy game experiences. I've earned my right to say I have put more 375" and up to 400+" bulls with everything in between on the ground along with so many 170" to 200+" bucks on the ground I kinda feel guilty. Wait....no I don't!!!
Between my accident and new career, it's time to be selfish and start hunting for myself, time to learn my new home state of Idaho and what it has to offer. Now I can drive around drinkin beer and road hunting!! :)
This is all a whole new world to me!! I'll be the only public hunter wearing $500 worth of Sitka gear and packing 4k in optics just to shoot at pisscutters....can't wait!! :)

Lmao did you post this before or after our drinking beer and road hunting conversation? :) good luck in the next phase of your life

Congrats, Always thought it to be hard for guides never having much of your "own" time to hunt.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Enjoy your new life style. Watch out on what pisscutters you shoot. Make sure it is not one that Bess has his eye on or he will be upset and try to tune up your hunting vehicle.

RELH

Sounds like a good plan, guiding takes a lot of time. It will be good for you and your family.
Hope your recovery is going well.
You'll look good on your Harley, decked out in Sitka gear.

Dammit Doug, this is the year I could finally draw a good LE elk tag but I definitely understand brotha!! I'll just keep building points for better units in the future ;-)

You deserve to hunt for you and your kids for sure so good choice!!

~Z~

HANG On!

Wait just a Damn Minute there PUNK!

I've got 18 Damn/Worthless LE Elk Points!

You Ain't Quitin Yet!

The time I Pull that Tag We'll both be so damn Crippled from Lifes Battle Wounds We'll Have to shoot something out the Truck Window!

I can Here the MM TOASTIN goin on now!

The cat finally Draws an LE PISSCUTTER Tag with 35 Points & Takes a 250" DINK!:D

You've got about 7 Months to change your Mind PUNK!:D

In 2 more years I can say:

20 GAWD-DAMNED years of Worthless Points,Units getting shot to Sshhitt & here I sit!

GEEZUS!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Good luck on your "retirement". I've guided for 16 years, been quitting for the last couple. It's hard man! It's all you think about during the fall.
You're just upset that your clients will be able to out walk your crippled butt now!

Good luck Slam, hope you enjoy your retirement. I remember asking for help about a southern Utah question a couple years ago for my sons hunt. You PMed me and were spot on with your advice. Thank you. I don't know where in youdaho you call home, But if your retiring don't forget after the pisscutting in October the Steel head by Shoupe are a fun way to pass the time. If I get up that way this year I'll bring some extra Flies and you can bring the Barley pops.

" Build a Man a fire, and you'll warm him for a night, Set a man on fire and you'll warm him for life"....Earnest Thudpucker

Thanks everyone, you are all so kind! Bess, you know I'll be there to shoot pisscutters out the window, we're pro's at that already and taught that tactic by the best there is!!! Stonefly, I'm just over in Idaho Falls and I'd love to catch some steelies!! Hell, I'm not old, I'm only 47 and in excellent shape other than the broken leg, I've just realized I have given enough to help many many people fulfil their dreams yet I've missed out those opportunities for myself and my own family. I love guiding, it was very rewarding and has taught me everything I know. Now I'm just an average nimrod with one hell of a portfolio!! :)

Hey Slam, I just thought of something. Now that you won't spend so much time and resources as a guide, you'll be able to afford a guided hunt of your own!:)

Good hell Eel, can you imagine an ex-guide on a guided hunt!
That would be rich!

Good luck slam with all your beer drinking and shooting out the window... or whatever you decide to do!

PETA is happy to hear that now all the animals are safe due to your retirement.

Zeke

" Now I can drive around drinkin beer" Better let Mrs. Slunk do the driving if you are drinking. Hate to see you in 1-911's crosshairs.
You are a stand up dude. We won't forget what you did for Stench after his encounter with POD.
Time to put some monsters in the dirt yourself. Good luck Man.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

>You are a stand up dude.
>We won't forget what you
>did for Stench after his
>encounter with POD.

Ah yes, the Muscle Milk Bull! Epic Story!

I don't know slamdunk other than MM's but he sure does seem like a good dude, good luck chasing your own pisscutters!

You'll miss it the first year but then after that it's all good! You will be surprised at what you will fill the time with and my bet is that it's not all hunting. :D

It's always an adventure!!!

You will have take up trapping in that great state to use up all that free time you will have.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom