Q/HD Rule Has Been Eliminated!

hunt1

Just got done speaking in regards to eliminating the Q/HD rule at the G&F meeting in Hobbs. I spoke the full 3 minutes allowed and after all was said and done...the commission eliminated the Q/HD and antelope rule.

great I think.Did they make any changes to fix the system?Lots of ways to improve odds did any come up??????Any hope of a system everyone can draw once in a while?

Awesome NEWS!!!

Jacob - sounds like you want the system that is currently in place...the most equitable and fair to all. I would say though that if you want more of an opportunity to draw, then, the G&F needs to re-evaluate the # of licenses issued to NR as well as the landowner tag allotment system (aka - the state sponsored landowner welfare system).

JBone

>Just got done speaking in regards
>to eliminating the Q/HD rule
>at the G&F meeting in
>Hobbs. I spoke the
>full 3 minutes allowed and
>after all was said and
>done...the commission eliminated the Q/HD
>and antelope rule.

WOOHOO!!!

Do you have an official link to this?

NMYB

Serious thanks goes out to those who spoke on our behalf....
thanks!
Now i can go on my 'left over tag' jan archery QUALITY (???) deer hunt and not have to be stressed out by not being able to apply for 2010 hunts!

Jbone your kind of right but I want them to draw by choice instead of app as it would improve all odds.Got to be honest I think the curent system Sucks!!!!But the Q/HD was like a slap in the face!!!!!!

Does anyone know if the application deadline was changed? I know it was on the agenda.

Thanks for speaking out for us that couldnt make it... Now if they would go to weapon choice etc it would only get better.

Choice of weapon I assume....and yes, I would definitely be on board with that. All I am saying is that if they (G&F) wants to make it more equitable, they have little room....they really can only expand on the number of tags for the resident. This means re-evaluating landownder tags as well as the % tags provided to the NR pool. I have nothing against NR. However, I do believe that we have been catering to LO way too long. Perhaps, I am wrong. I would ask that a study should be conducted to see what other W states are doing in regards to not only LO but also NR tags....and we should follow suit. I do not believe bonus or preference points are the answer. The question that needs to be answered is, "How do we provide the hunting opportunity for our residents?"

JBone

JBONE no what I mean by choice is draw all first choice before any one gets a chance at second choice.I think its BS that you can draw another guys first choice for your third and the other guy didn't draw.Anyone that was hunting 10 years ago Should remember as it was done that way.This new comish I think went cheaper and easier to draw once.I think its flat out lazy!!!!!!!!

I'll bet F&G will hesitate to cut NR percentages due to the loss in revenue. I guess they could raise the cost of resident tags to make up for it.

I really don't have a dog in this fight. As I always say, "Just let me know the rules so I can decide if I wanna play."

>
>WOOHOO!!!
>
>Do you have an official link
>to this?
>
>NMYB

I just posted the front page article of the Hobbs New-Sun about the rule changing on bowsite in the NM forum. You will be waiting 2 months to see the agenda minutes posted on the NMG&F website. The proclamation will be out long before that time anyways.

>I'll bet F&G will hesitate to
>cut NR percentages due to
>the loss in revenue.
>I guess they could raise
>the cost of resident tags
>to make up for it.
>
>
>I really don't have a dog
>in this fight. As
>I always say, "Just let
>me know the rules so
>I can decide if I
>wanna play."

What are you talking about? Unfortunately, NR's get 22% of the draw tags by law... Not to mention the availability of land owner tags that are not regulated as far as percentages are concerned.

>What are you talking about?
>Unfortunately, NR's get 22% of
>the draw tags by law...
> Not to mention the
>availability of land owner tags
>that are not regulated as
>far as percentages are concerned.

I'm sure I'm just misinformed, but where do you get the 22%?? I'm only seeing 11% of the tags go to Non residents. For deer that is.

Page 4 of the Big Game Proclamation...

"Residents receive 78% of the available licenses or permits. Nonresidents who choose to use outfitters will receive up to 12% of the available licenses or permits. Nonresidents who apply to hunt without outfitters will receive up to 10% of the available licenses or permits."

I did not realize that 12% of the tags went to guided hunters. I just compared the number of tags that were awarded in the non-resident draw vs. the number in the resident draw. I see the 10-11 percent there. 12% of tags going to guides does seem high, maybe they could allow residents and non-residents to apply for those tags instead of just non-residents. I hope they don't ever cut the 10% they allow for un-guided non-residents. I had a blast hunting New Mexico and met several natives and all I can say is that they were good people! It is a great state you guys have there.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom