Question about dead heads

Pooner

I am living in northern cali for the summer and do a fair share of hiking around. Do any of you guys know what the rules are for picking up dead heads here in cali. I found one but left it lay because I didn't know the regulations.

Unless i found one that was pretty big, i usually don't have any interest other that wondering how it died.

One thing you might not know, in Cali, it's illegal to buy or sell any parts of game animals like deer. This includes their head and rack. You may want to check further as i'm just going off what i've read and been told in the past.

But if i did find a dead head or drops that i liked and wanted, i'd pick it up, go for it!

Joey

Ok thanks guys. Ya its a pretty decent buck actually and he died this year. Ya i have picked up quite a few sheds but didn't know if the dead heads were legal or not. I was not worried about anyone finding it though so i figured I would leave it and check. Thanks a ton.

I didn't know that there were any dead heads around now that Jerry Garcia died. But I guess you can pick them up if you want.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom