Question about Unit 62 - Uncompahgre Plateau

GoatT

Has anybody hunted Escalante Ranch for deer? It is in unit 62 on Uncompahgre Plateau and I am wondering if anyone has hunted there. I am from Utah and am considering Unit 62 and want to knwo some info on the unit and the Escalante Ranch. I knwo the ranch has some BLM and National Forest land. So I guess my question is 1) Has anyoine hunted there? 2) Can I hunt the BLM and FS land on the ranch with just a drawn tag or is it all considered private. I know it is a cattle ranch, but how private is it? I have a map that shows deeded property as well as BLM and Forest Service land and want some info on it.

Thanks

You can hunt all the BLM/Forest over there with 149 of your closest friends in the pumpkin patch. Gets pretty busy in that country.....one of the most hunted units in the state. That being said there are obviously always going to be hard-to-access areas to get away from most of the crowds. Maybe try a backpack hunt into the newly created 70,000 acre wilderness area just west of escalante. My uncle used to be the hay boss for escalante land and cattle....always has been some good animals in the area but nothing like the old days.

Went up and scouted 61 last year and met a couple l;ocals that gave me some leads on area 62 for archery elk. I amy give it a try next year. Also interested in any info on the unit.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom