Question for a taxidermist

Castnshoot

Very Active Member
Have any of you ever had a client,,have you put a time capsule or treasure inside of a mount?

I just acquired an old mount and I can hear something heavy rolling around inside of it when I pick it up.

I had a request other day ask for a rock to be removable on a base to hide a assault shotgun. So it could be possible.

I've never had anyone want something like that. Mounts from that era are usually hollow inside and made from paper mache. The mount shell was attached to a piece of wood as the back board. I have taken apart old mounts (thanks arsenic) that had debris in the hollow section- which would make it sound like something is inside. East way to tell is drill a hole in the back board and take a look. Just make the hole small enough to not compromise the integrity of the board.

I've never had anyone want something like that. Mounts from that era are usually hollow inside and made from paper mache. The mount shell was attached to a piece of wood as the back board. I have taken apart old mounts (thanks arsenic) that had debris in the hollow section- which would make it sound like something is inside. East way to tell is drill a hole in the back board and take a look. Just make the hole small enough to not compromise the integrity of the board.
Ok, I am going to do it. Thanks

CB0A601A-B4DE-4B98-A66F-324BFBBC557B.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom