Question for hunt

marley

Very Active Member
I am heading to UT soon for my goat hunt. Do I need to register or buy a permit for my ATV for while I am there? And in CO all rifles have to be in a closed case while on an ATV, is that the same for UT. When growing up in UT this was not required but just wanted to make sure the rules hadn't change since then. Thanks.

The rule for carrying a firearm is still the same in UT as it's always been. Empty chamber but the gun does not have to be totally encased like in CO.

I don't know about the registration thing. In Wyo I need an additional sticker for that State but I didn't for NV or CO (at least I've never gotten one for those States).

Where is you unit in UT?

Zeke

Never mind on which unit marley. I know what you have but I just didn't see that it was you as the original poster.

Good luck on your hunt!

Zeke

Thanks for the info Zeke. I didn't think so just wanted to make sure and too lazy to look it up. I haven't decided if i want to base camp it up there or just ride up every day. Base camping would be a fun experience up there but a warm comfortable bed in At my parents in Brigham City and a burger at Dixie Grill every night also sounds nice, lol.

Is it needed even if it is registered in another state? If so how do I or where do I get one?

I've searched the DWR website and can't find anything on the OHV permit. The only thing I could find is that you must have a valid drivers license. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

As long as your OHV is registered(doesn't matter what state) you are good to go. Prove of valid registration and drivers license is all you need. Good luck on your upcoming hunt. Im alittle jealous to say to least.

I actually found it on the state parks website. A nonresident is required to buy a $30 OHV permit to ride in UT. Learn something new everyday.

Yeah I figured with 30 tag holders all hunting Willard peak there will probably be a few officers up there and me being a nonres, I better have all my ducks in a row.

Just don't shoot the guy dressed up as a goat. Haha. What a weird story that was. Good luck

We called the State parks office and were told that the registration from Pa. is all we need. if it didn't have a current reg., we would need one.

nocwalker

Enjoy that hunt....I had the tag last year. I grew up at the base of Ben Lomand in Pleasant View. You can easily stay in Brigham City and just ride up every day. Just depends on where you want to hunt. I have some info on a really big goat that didn't go down last year....he is in some wicked country but he is Huge!!!

The reason you do in some and don't in others is because the 2 states (Utah and the other one) don't have reciprocity setup. This all started a few years ago with Idaho actually. Idaho started charging all out of staters a permit fee to ride in Idaho (this happen on snowmobiles first). So other states said, "Well if you require our residents to buy an out of state permit then we'll require it of yours".

In Utah, it is all about what the other state does. If the other state accepts Utah registration without requiring an out of state tag then Utah "reciprocates". If they do require it, then Utah requires it.

sled_guy

>Thanks for the offer but I
>actually have the nanny tag
>for Willard peak.

Nice...still a great hunt. I also know where a really large Nanny was hanging out last year. They are not hard to find up there which I'm sure you know. Enjoy!!!! Steep and Beautiful up there.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom