Question on NV

400bull

Very Active Member
My brother-in-law and I are looking at putting in for a Nevada deer tag this year and was wondering if I could get some feed back on unit 101-108. By brother-in-law drew the late hunt last year and had a very successful hunt. We noticed that the odds are better with the early rifle hunt and have been thinking about applying for it instead of the late hunt. Was wondering what your thoughts are about the early and late hunts for 101-108? Seconds question I have is how has the winter been in NV this year? Most of the other states are reporting a significant winter kill this year. I have not heard of any reports in NV yet.

Thanks

400bull

Area 10 late is the best choice. We used to put in for early but after a few hunts on the late hunt we noticed the difference and now we dont even bother with the early hunt.

just my $.02

Put this unit as your 4th choice and you have a good chance of drawing it, that is the early season even though it is not the best but you can hunt.

Brian

Killowatt's right. NV looks at all your choices before moving on to the next person in line. You would probably want to put 10 late first choice and 10 early second choice if that's the only unit you're interested in hunting.

The 10 early hunt is a little tougher for finding good bucks, but the draw odds are good.

Unit 10 is not nessisarly the only unit that we have been looking at. We have also been looking at 111-113 and 114-115 Late. We're trying to decide just how long we want to wait before we draw a tag also. That could have a huge impact on what unit we decide to apply for. So to clairify things a litle for me, if I apply and draw my 3 or 4 choice hunt's will I loose my preferance points that I have accumulated over the years or does Nevada take your points only when you draw your first choice hunt?

400bull

Draw Any Choice 1 Through 5 And Loose Your Points!.Make Sure Of Your 5 Choices! Or Make Only 4 If You Wish.Good Luck RAM4G Gordon

I've hunted early rifle, late rifle and later archery. Each is a very different hunt but you're hunting the same deer.

Early rifle-hunt as high as you can get.

Late rifle- Find the migration. The late ends a week earlier than when I hunted it.

Late archery- More bucks and more 26"+ bucks than I've ever seen on one hunt BUT trying to stalk a quality buck with 3-4 herds in your way and 2 foot tall bitterbrush to sneak in is the definition of frustration. Oh yea, below zero temps on an archery hunt can test your sanity too. But I'd do it again in a heart beat.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom