Question

CAforkedhorn

Long Time Member
So I haven't hunted Cali in about 8 years now mainly because zone D-8 blows so I have been going to Utah instead. This year I'm going to give her another try but I don't have any old Cali licenses and I took the HS course when I was like 14 so I don't even have a HS certificate either. My question is can I show last years Utah license to get a Cali license or do I have to do the whole HS course again?

Thanks for the help.

Piper, how's your period?

Zigga, don't forget the knee pads!

440Sixpack wants to measure your boners!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-11 AT 10:17PM (MST)[p]Do you have any of the old licenses from the past in CA? If not, then afraid you might have to take the course again, sorry.
I have not hunted in CA since around 1985 or 86 but when I started accumulating preference points then I bought a lic every year in order to do so.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

You may still be in the system, Go to a local branch and ask..Don't call, half the time when I call F&G I get wrong answers on various subjects..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-11 AT 00:23AM (MST)[p]I think your Ca Hunter Safety Number is on your personal account
info page on Utah website.

At some point, either in Ca or out of state, you had to prove you had completed the course and I am sure the record exists.

Either way, you will probably have to do a "face to face" with a DFG person to get it handled.

Taking the class is no big deal any longer. It is even available at Bass Pro Shops.

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

CA: If the place you took your original HS course still exists contact them to go through there records and issue you a duplicate HS certificate. If you do not have a CA past Lic to show it would be quicker and less BS to just take the HS course again. CA is now computerized and the HS records once in the that system will be there forever. Prior to that we only can get HS verification from the HS course provider.
Good Luck

)))).......>

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom