Questions for the Havre area

tcinkgm

I'm headed up that way at the end of this month to try to chase some deer around and have a few questions I'm having trouble getting answered. Is there any suggested processors in the area? Is blaze orange required in Montana and what is the rules about proof of sex and species, I have a general deer tag and one whitetail doe tag and a muley doe tag, I assume proof has to stay on them somehow but what if I have to get them back to Arizona? Any help would be appreciated.

Also what the roads are like normally the last week of the season, we have no idea what to expect but are really looking forward to the adventure.

I haven't hunted the Havre area and I haven't drawn in a few years so I can't help you with the doe tags question but I can tell you that roads in that part of the state can get greasy and chains are a good idea to have along. I usually hunt east of there but you can expect the wind to blow your hat off several times a day. I really enjoy the hunting out there so best of luck to you.
Mike

Unless you like just looking, I would consider a different area. The deer numbers are about as low as they have ever been. You'll see some, but there will be alot more barren country than bountiful.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom